December 4, 2010

You are a Miracle


Every time I take my son Emmanuel out for a function or a social gathering, he becomes the topic of discussion. Many people feel that I must do something for him. In their eagerness to help me, they advise  me to take him to a good doctor, or take for some healing service, or find some alternative medicine, so that he will be like any other child.  These people are good, they want to help me, but they are ignorant on issues related to a Down syndrome child. Earlier I used to get annoyed with their advice and suggestions, but gradually I have learnt to accept all types of people in my life.

The other day, one of my sister's friends saw Emmanuel and started advising me immediately to take him for a prayer meeting, as the 'brother' who prays there is very powerful, and Emmanuel will be fine. She hinted that I must have faith and go with the expectation of seeing a miracle and my son will be transformed.

I listened to her patiently and  when she stopped speaking I told her that for me my son is a miracle, and he is one of the greatest miracles of my life, I am not against prayer meetings or any preacher and I don’t mind going for prayer. But I do not believe that miracle has to be always associated with something sensational and spectacular.

If one has faith, then every day is a miracle in life, I believe that I am unique, special and irrepeatable in history, that enables me to see myself as a miracle of life, and I want to say the same to every one who encounters me in this world.  My two children are a miracle to me, as I watch them grow beautifully, I am filled with awe and wonder and thank God a million times for blessing me with these kids, for I have learnt so much from them, and I continue to learn. Believe in yourself, there is infinite power within you, and Believe that You are a Miracle today

“There are two ways to live your life, one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle.”  Albert Einstein


Be Happy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget