November 27, 2014

“HAPPY THANKSGIVING” !!

Google

Wishing all of you a very “HAPPY THANKSGIVING” !!

Gratitude has become a habit for me; I have learnt to be grateful for small little things; for the gift of breath, family, basic necessities, and the services that I take from various persons who make my life comfortable. I am also grateful for the bigger things; the work that I do at the university, the space that I enjoy at my counseling centre, the meaning that comes from meeting different kinds of students, the trust that they have in me; the leadership and the initiative that my head takes to bring in challenges in learning, the opportunities that I get because of the kind of work I do and for motivation and support that I get from my work place fills me a lot more of gratitude.

 I am also grateful for the affirmations I get from my loved ones and my friends; and for some very negative experiences that has helped me to sort myself out; thankful for these persons in my life for making me think, reflect, and make choices that helped me focus on the essentials of life.

free images from Google

These negative experiences have altered my very lifestyle, giving me time to do the things that matter; if not for these experiences in my life, I would not have discovered a new skill of making research oriented academic presentations.  

In the last month I made a paper presentation on the importance of counseling women in Domestic Violence. Currently I am busy working on two more presentations one on proactive approach to Mental Health and well-being among high school students and another one on Domestic Violence and positive psychology. An attitude of gratitude has kept me going and a happy heart has always motivated me even in the worst situation of my life.

I am glad to be writing this gratitude post as I believe gratitude is a positive energy that not only energizes me, but always gives me a new perspective to deal with any issue, instilling confidence and courage! I feel blessed and rich to be surrounded by grateful persons and grateful bloggers. I thank all the bloggers (Corinne, Vidya, Kathy, Shilpa, .. to name a few) who have been a source of inspiration and strength to me. Living with gratitude is like having a song in my heart to enjoy the journey…. 



Be Blessed & Be Grateful !!


I recommend some more posts to inspire you, do visit the follow blogs ...


4 comments:

  1. Hi G Angela! What a lovely tribute to gratitude. I so, so agree with everything you said. But I LOVED it when you said, "I believe gratitude is a positive energy that not only energizes me, but always gives me a new perspective to deal with any issue, instilling confidence and courage!" I'm looking forward to see how each of us share and spread the gratitude in the months to come. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy ! am happy you liked my post.. I hope to be connected in the coming months while sharing gratitude posts ..

      Delete
  2. Hi Genevive! You are doing a remarkable work, touching and inspiring so many lives! I really appreciate and admire that your work is making a difference in young lives! Keep your light shining! And thanks for sharing my blog post! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shilpa - I am honoured to see your comment... I love your posts and your blog is so beautiful... am learning slowly, to get better with blog... thanks for our compliment.

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget