September 11, 2012

Treasured moment!


Exactly 10 days ago, a new member has been added in our family, my sister in law Mary has been expecting a child, and she delivered the child on the September 2nd 2012.  I along with my husband and Mary’s family waited eagerly, praying for the mother and child’s safety. The reason being that Mary’s first child died within an hour of birth, and I remembered carrying a dead child in my arms. This experience was so shocking, it brought in fear and anxiety now for me.

My thoughts were racing, reminding me of the previous experience, and I stood firm  lifting my heart to God in prayer, as I very firmly believe that doctors and health professionals are not God’s, they do their part, and LIFE definitely is God’s Gift.  While I stood there in faith, the nurse came out and announced that it’s a girl baby, and she brought the baby to show it to us.

The baby was very small, but very cute and active, I held the baby in my arms with gratitude for she was so angelic and perfect that I was overjoyed to see this beautiful miracle in my hands.  I treasured these moments of joy and welcomed the new member with great love, I was with Mary in the hospital taking care of the child in the nights for 3 days, and I cherished every moment watching the little baby. 

It was a beautiful experience to take care of a new born, the happiness she brought took away our anxieties, fears and worry – and she aroused in me, the sweet memories of my own motherhood, and also tender reminders of my mother’s care for me.   

I began to appreciate all the mothers who do so much for their kids, and thanked God for making me women, for these are treasured moments only women can experience.  I am glad for this experience, that has filled my heart with gratitude, and reminded me of these special affirmations from the bible:

·         You may not know me, but I know everything about you…Psalm 139:1
·         I chose you when I planned creation…Ephesians 1:11-12
·         I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live…Acts 17:26
·         You are fearfully and wonderfully made…Psalm 139:14
·         I knit you together in your mother's womb…Psalm 139:13

“A baby is God’s opinion that the world should go on.” Author: Carl Sandburg.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget