February 6, 2023

Gratitude Post -January, 2023

“Living in a state of gratitude is a gateway to grace” Arianna Huffington


The first month of the Year was  filled  with  gratitude – as we moved on  leaving all the uncertainties and insecurities behind,  adjusting to the new normal, trusting God to lead us to our respective routines – I continued my work at the counseling centre, at the campus. Dorothy was busy with her commitments and David also got into his own routine.

I am grateful that we are in February now and have so quickly completed 31 days of the first month this Year. I feel blessed to be alive; and grateful for so many things in life.  It’s a joy to write this post once a month and I enjoy this exercise of writing and finding all the small little joys that fills my heart with thanksgiving, as I recall, relive once again constantly reminding  myself of the goodness of God in our lives.

Some of the highlights of this month were:

The PhD pre submission seminar was scheduled in the first week of the month; that got me busy in finalizing my thesis and with preparing for the presentation, making abstracts, and power point presentation. I am grateful that it’s over now as I was a bit nervous even though I prepared myself well and was looking forward for this seminar. I am thankful for my guide and all the other faculty members, my family and friends who were supportive and enabled me by giving the important feed backs and suggestions so that I could edit and submit by this month. I am relieved that it’s almost getting over J

I am also blessed for my contract being renewed at my work place with another designation as a Psychological Consultant.  I am thankful for my Director  who put in all the efforts to ensure to retain me in the centre; I appreciate and thank God for the opportunity and for the trust and responsibilities placed on me to offer my services. It’s a blessing to work in a environment that not only gives you space to contribute, but also challenges me to grow in constantly updating myself with knowledge and skills. I am grateful for everyone around me in the work place who are supportive and helpful.

This month we had an advisory board meeting at workplace and this was the first meeting post COVID and I was glad to interact with the members.  I am grateful for the interactions for each of them spoke positively, complimenting me for the work that I have been doing for more than a decade. I am grateful to be surrounded by people who do meaningful work and are passionate about making a difference in life.

This month was my niece Nissi Marilyn’s wedding- so we were busy with all the pre wedding celebrations, it was a tough time for me as this month I had assignment to teach  Degree students. It’s a great feeling to get back to basics and teach what you have learnt in psychology.  I was handling two different papers and the sessions were  online.

I am grateful for my family without their support it would not be possible for me to take up different kinds of task. I am thankful for the opportunities that come my way as I enjoy not just counseling, but also mentoring and teaching psychology.

This month there were 4-5 members in the extended family celebrated their birthdays, grateful for each of them that they have been blessed with one more year, birthdays are reminders of God’s unconditional love.

I am grateful that this month I attended Golden wedding anniversary of one of my friends who was my colleague and we worked together for more than a decade. 50 years is a long time and I am inspired to attend these celebrations especially at a time where there are so much marital conflicts around us. I was glad to meet not just my friend but also the other friends who I connected after a long time.

I am grateful for the friends who are in touch and it’s a pleasure to speak to them; glad that we are together in touch with one another updating on the group and also had a physical meeting in the city for few hours enjoying snacks and tea.

This month there were a couple of weddings, David’s friends and we also went out in the evening, enjoyed the ambiance and good food; grateful for extended families and friends.

I am grateful for the basic necessities of life that I enjoy; and never would cease to thank God for numerous blessings, of family, friends, good health, opportunities for learning, teaching, counseling and interacting with students.

Thank you for reading my post; hope you had a wonderful January !

Be Blessed & Be  a Blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget