January 4, 2023

Good Bye 2022 & welcome 2023!

“Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savoring; it is not taking things for granted;it is present-oriented.”Sonja Lyubomirsky

I am grateful that with all the challenges, of the new variant of the virus, and untimely weather changes, and other   insecurities of life, we as a family has managed to enter into this brand bright year of possibilities, dreams, hopes and aspirations.

As each of us embarks on this New Year 2023 there are lot of things that is getting cleared enabling us to make the right choices in life – to do all those things that can keep us fit in mind and body. At the same time to prioritize and be  involved in those activities that not only gives us joy but also meaning and fulfillment in life.

The December month was quiet as lot of things had to be managed, career, academics and home and I am grateful that  I did everything I should – met my students regularly at the center, worked till 31st December without taking a day off, except for Christmas and one day wherein the campus was closed.  Sorted out the closet, attended Christmas physical gathering at YWCA of  Secunderabad, met my friends and went out with them had a good time, connecting and reminiscing our experiences of our lives, laughing out loud and  appreciating every small little things life offered. 


December is one of my favorite month as it’s my birthday month. Birthdays are special for me and I had always celebrated with gratitude, remembering my parents, family, and all the friends who accompanied me in my life’s journeyed, for without their love, support and encouragement it’s not easy to deal with life’s challenges.

I am grateful and blessed with David and Dorothy who take extra special care to see that my day is enjoyable. I am grateful for my close friends who are always there offline or online – there is always someone enquiring, and checking whether all is well with my life.

Some of them put the extra effort in getting me beautiful dresses & saris (my favorite color).This year I never went shopping for Christmas, as there are enough dresses for my daily wear and Sunday wear too..So I preferred not to invest in buying any clothes even for Christmas and New Year. I did have saris I have not worn which was gifted by David and friends. I stitched the blouses for them and I was happy that I am slowly getting into frugal living, trying my best to give away what I don’t need and be content with what I already have.


I could see small progress in this month in terms of academic and career too; I loved the surprises in this month, which was totally unexpected and I could never imagine the thoughtfulness of my boss who make extra effort to appreciate me for my services and affirmed me by spending time despite her busy schedule. Listening to her is such a pleasure for she is not only inspires, there is great love and commitment in everything she plans for the centre as well as the Prison community.  

There were also friends and loved ones visiting our centre – which was a surprise as I have not met them for a very long time and having them in the campus was a pleasant feeling. I am happy that this whole year I posted gratitude post every month, and this exercise is basically for myself to keep counting my blessings and keep the right attitude in life.

Flashback

– The year 2022 was great as there are so many things I want to be grateful for. There was:

TRAVEL, HOLIDAY, FUN, FRIENDS, GOOD FOOD, WORK, ACADEMICS CELEBRATIONS &SERVICE

We as a family began by visiting the Infant Jesus Shrine at Bangalore. David wanted to utilize his last LTA visiting a shrine as a mark of thanksgiving to everything he has received in life. Spend some quiet time in the church; attend mass and offer prayers and petitions.


Dorothy completed her last semester exams and she completed her graduation. Which was a relief to us as she was working very hard, involved in internships and other volunteer work.

David also celebrated his 60th birthday and thanksgiving with family and friends, as he felt he owes a lot to all these people who have stood by him at all times, we were glad to celebrate with extended family and friends.

I am grateful that immediately after the exams she  got involved in the summer camps at 3 rehabilitation homes – two girls home and one was the boys home. All the time went in planning and meetings and implementing the summer camp.

I am glad to see her commitment and involvement and felt very happy that she is beginning to enjoy volunteering her services for the less privileged children. As the two homes were for run away and street children and another one was the Prisoner’s children’s home.

While I continued my service at the counseling centre, addressing all kinds of issues of the youngsters and also women. Every time and every session was a new experience for me and I learnt so much from the students.

I also completed third draft of my research work and sent for submission; I am glad to track my own progress and I can see that its only a matter of time that I complete my PhD. Working in the academic sector surrounded by students is an advantage as I feel young J and motivated to keep updating myself,   education they say is an ongoing and lifelong learning.

I am also happy that I and Dorothy could take a short break at Pondicherry via Chennai. We spent some time with my friend’s house at Chennai and moved to Pondicherry – it was refreshing to be at the beach, move around the place with no agenda. Resting, relaxing and enjoying good food and taking pictures and admiring the place.

I am glad that my daughter gifted me with books to read – one was on BECOMING – MICHELLE OBAMA and another one was THINK LIKE A MONK BY JAY SHETTY. I have just started reading the first one and I am moving at a snail’s pace managing my academics, career and home.

This year I watched some interesting movies and I loved it – Seetharamam a Telugu movie of Dulquer Salman and Mrunal Thakur was a pleasant experience to watch with lovely music and it was a great hit. Few more was Darling and Scam 1992 was worth watching and I enjoyed, there were other movies in Tamil and Telugu which was entertaining watching with family.

I am also grateful that my daughter is now on the National Board of the YWCA India. She is also leading the choir for morning service; and she is ready to do her bit whenever she is asked for volunteering in the local parish. This year she was out for carol singing almost for two weeks with the parish group.

David continues with the Sunday clinic and does a lot of work at home. He takes care of the plants, and also does the laundry and cooks delicious non vegetarian dishes for us. He is generous with whatever he has and shares his resources with the needy and those who ask him to help.

This year we also painted our house just before Dorothy’s birthday, changed the color of the walls, got some minor repair works done and also serviced the computer and the laptop – grateful for Ramesh, computer engineer who is always ready fix any computer issues. As all of us at home use the system and we ensure that it’s working fine.

Myself and Dorothy along with my brother and sister in law went for midnight mass for Christmas and New Year to the Parish church; as David likes to go in the morning and he gets busy with the clinic. We are happy to meet our parishioners and enjoy the midnight walk back home, and rest and be at home for both are important days – Christmas as well as New Year.  We prefer to stay home as we have some friends and relatives visiting home.

I am grateful for all the service providers who helped us right through 2022 – the newspaper boy, milk supply, vegetables and fruit vendors who pass by our place. The grocery store who send us monthly provisions, the medical shop owner always ready to help, the auto and cabs that are available nearby ready to come with us- when we travel long distance.

At my workplace, the security who waits to close the office, the assistant who manages and maintains the place, and all the other staff of the other departments who are always ready and willing to help.  Sometimes our printer doesn’t work and they help us in getting the print outs. Some times when we have net issues, we used their internet to send emails, or check emails.

There are also beautiful people who keep praying for me and our family – and I am blessed to have these angels surrounding me as they pray right through the year, there is also a whatsapp group that prays and comforts and gives hope to the hopeless.

I am glad that there is so much to be thankful for 2022 – and I feel we are blessed to embrace the New Year 2023 with faith, hope, and optimism.

Thanks for reading this post – wishing all of you a very Happy New Year, and may this year be filled with love, joy, peace and hope!

May every person reading this post be Blessed and Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget