May 10, 2022

Gratitude post for April, 2022

“When some things go wrong; take a moment to be thankful for the many things that are going right” Buddha

We have entered the 5th month of the year and I do not want to miss my routine of posting my gratitude list for the month that has gone by; one of the pleasurable activities of my life is to write a gratitude post. The month of April was full of activities, both officially and also personally there was lots of happening. I just want to high light some of my experiences that is positive and focus on the joy and happiness that has brought into my life,

 So here goes my gratitude list:


I am glad to have met a person who had come to our centre for his daughter, she took a few sessions of counseling.  Finding his daughter’s improvement he brought boxes full of sweet, to express his gratitude. It’s a joy for us to see the students improve learn to deal with their problems and are able to move on… happiness gets doubled when they return to give thanks.  I am convinced now that the kindness we show to people always comes back into our lives in unexpected ways.


I am grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with the department to organize a session on Application of Positive Psychology in Counseling and Psychotherapy. I was busy with organizing and taking up responsibilities for certain aspects of this programme and that kept me busy, most importantly I was glad to attend this programme which was refreshing. 


To listen to an eminent speaker Dr B J Prashantham is definitely a privilege.. The sessions were good with lot of practical example of how we can apply positive psychology when we are helping others.


This month was also Easter – an important celebration for us as Catholics/Christians – the holy week was celebrated in our church, we had large numbers attending the church. We attended the midnight service, symbolic of new life – Jesus Risen from the dead, giving us New life to believe that Death is not the end, but A passage to New Life. We were happy to have a family celebration, our extended family was with us and we cooked good food and enjoyed the day.

I am grateful for the support of my friends and colleagues who have encouraged me to continue my education and with their motivation, this month I completed the second draft of my thesis and submitted to the university; hoping that soon I should be completing my PhD.   It’s a dream come true, remembering  my parents as to how they would have reacted, they would be proud and happy to see me progress in life, especially my mother was always happy about whatever I chose, studied and accomplished.

This month was the last semester for my daughter, Dorothy, she was busy with  preparing for her finals and I am grateful for all those who have been praying for her consistently, those who have been encouraging and motivating to keep up with the routine in order that she does well for this exam. I am happy that she did write well and by the end of the third week her exams got over, it was a big relief.

I am happy that my daughter has graduated from the same college where I did my graduation too. Now she has enough time to sort things out and pursue wherever her heart leads in continuing education.

This month after Dorothy’s exam we took the opportunity to go out for an– All India Exhibition in the old city, it was a good break roaming around and enjoying some grilled sandwich & ice cream. I am grateful for all these opportunities, after a long time we went by the metro rail and for few hours just moving around looking at all the stalls.


While returning home I lost my cell phone as it had fallen somewhere on the way; I came home and searched all over the house only to realize that it has fallen outside; I tried calling but the person who found it has switched it off. I gave a police complain and blocked my old sim card, and got a new sim on the same number. I am grateful that because of this I got a new phone and I am happy to have a new one .

This month at the Young Women Christian Association, Secunderabad we had a celebration of the World YWCA Day, and theme -YWCA Leaders Co- Creating Goal of 2035, wherein we envisage “100 million young women and girls will transform power structures to create justice, gender equality and a world without violence and war; leading a sustainable YWCA movement, inclusive of all women..The experience was positive as it was a physical meeting and after a long time the members came together, interacted with one another, celebrated the day winding up with a fellowship meal.


David continues to be busy in the Sunday clinic closer to our residence; the numbers of patients are on increase week after week. He keeps himself busy involved with different activities, as he is retired and at home there is enough time to carry out whatever he wanted. I am grateful that all is well in our lives and we are healthy and happy.

I am glad that despite so much happening, I and my daughter after her exams could watch a good movie RRR. It’s a good cinematic experience filled with great visuals, beautiful music, great fight sequences, choreography, script and not to forget the extremely talented actors. Especially Junior NTR and Ram charan have overdone themselves; they were amazing throughout the movie. The characters of the movie were weaved very carefully and the actors too were casted aptly.  The nuances and details specially grabbed my attention.

This month I am grateful for the gift of David as he celebrated his birthday. We were happy to celebrate and appreciate him for all that he is as a person- committed, generous, cheerful, friendly and hospitable. We cut a cake with family and extended family and enjoyed delicious dinner together.

On the whole I am glad that God has been faithful and kind; we are in good health, our basic needs are met and there are so many good people around who are with us right through the year, supporting us and helping us in so many ways. 

Thanks for reading my post & I hope the month of April was amazing for you !

May you be Happy & Blessed !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget