February 3, 2021

January, 2021 Gratitude

“Its only with Gratitude Life Becomes Rich” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

January came in quietly, wherein we could begin the day with thanking God, we attended the mass the previous evening on 31st December, 2020; My daughter Dorothy was part of the choir and also of the team that organised a thanksgiving service before the mass. I was glad to visit the church for there was so much in my heart to be thankful for the whole year of 2020. The feeling of stepping into another year brought so much of memories and I thought its only fitting to sit for a while as the year slips by and offer thanksgiving to the almighty for the wonders he has done in our lives, by not only sustaining us with our lives but continuously enabling us and ensuring that we are safe and healthy. 

On the New Year evening 2021 we went out into the city with the kids to a place where we could just hang around with kids, walking around, went for a short boat ride and took pictures to relive moments which will become a memory. I am grateful for the time and joy of being with kids amidst waters late in the evening wearing a life jacket and holding one another was an experience of fun and excitement.
This month set the tone to focus on the academics, the centre started gradually getting into the normal routine, with masks, sanitizer and social distancing I continued to work. There were no students except occasionally one or two who visited the centre for face to face counseling, the rest of the students who are in touch were connected online through calls and whatsapp chats. I am glad that this month I along with my daughter and nephews family could go out for a day outing to the nearby dam and a beautiful lake which is around 100 kms and spent some time going around in the huge historical church and visited the adjacent fort. It was a good break as we have not been going out since the whole of 2020. It was refreshing to be out and enjoy spending time in quiet places and also be with the extended family. We also packed enough of snacks, carried breakfast and lunch which was homemade, to be on the safe side and returning we had dinner at a quiet place and returned home happy.
We were happy to attend the wedding reception of my friend’s daughter in our city. All the class mates gathered for lunch for this celebration and it was so much fun after a long time chatting and updating one another. Then all of us friends took the opportunity to give a surprise visit to another friend, our classmate of the same batch, who was hospitalised for some infections and recovering at home. We spent some time having tea and encouraging our friend to get back to work and wishing her to get well soon.
Dorothy completed her 3rd semester exams and we were relieved that it’s over; she was learning to drive the car and did not find time to practice, once her exams got over she started to practice and we are glad that both of us together gave the driving test and cleared it. We treated ourselves with at our favourite place and had delicious lunch and brought some sweets home to share with friends and family. 
 There was a intimation from the University that as research scholars we are expected to make a presentation on the Research Design for our PhD. I spent a lot of time reviewing the literature and connecting with other scholars, having discussions, drafting, correcting, taking feedback and finalising the presentation. I am happy that there was some progress with lock down everything came to a halt, now things are moving and I am happy to pursue and come back on track. I was not touching my books and was getting involved in everything else except PhD work. 

I am grateful that this month we were pulled up and given a date and there was no chance of procrastination but start the process. This month there were slight discomforts for few days, was feeling tired, headaches, joint pains due to cold and another day there was back aches... I just needed to rest a little and gently treated myself with a tablet for cold and allergy. I am grateful that compared to those suffering around me my pain was very small and I am back on track. The cold weather is not my friend and hence I change my routine instead of walking I do more of stretching and prefer to walk in the evenings. Listening to my body and adapting to it is one of ways of helping myself to stay fit and healthy
There were a few zoom meetings, seminars and conferences – there was representation from my centre and I was supposed to follow up and document everything. I am happy to be associated with #Young Women Christian Association of Secunderabad – there was a republic day celebrations as women we came together on zoom to inspire and motivate each other. I feel a sense of patriotism for our country and reflect on our rights and duties as citizens in ensuring that we become part of the solution in contributing towards empowerment of girls and women There was also a gathering for the Jerusalema – dance and the members came in – we had a physical meeting at the YWCA of Secunderabad and all of us young and elderly women danced for this song. We also packed our lunch and shared it with one another. We were happy to meet one another and appreciate. 

This month both I and Dorothy attempted to make cakes, I made one for my brother who celebrates his birthday on the 14th of January – I made it a day before he visited my second brother’s house for lunch. I was glad to do it and happy that it turned out well – practice makes one perfect… so I keep trying every now and then.
Dorothy made chocolate cake with a lot of cashew nuts, she made it especially for David as he was encouraging her to make it – it came out perfect. I am glad that she made it on her own with minimum help from me… it was a pleasure to watch browsing the net and making the effort of going out and buying ingredients and arranging it herself and following the recipe step by step. I am grateful that David has got into regular work; and also helps both me and Dorothy in all the household work, despite discomforts he is always ready to help. 

I appreciate his generosity and the way he always keeps reaching out to everyone around him. As the month got over gratitude flows from all of us as we keep praying, trusting the Lord and keep the right attitude – we are healthy, happy and ready to continue in the second month of the year. 

Thank you for reading my post; would appreciate to hear your thoughts.

I thank vidya for initiating this process of forming a gratitude circle and inviting everyone to share the monthly gratitude post.. If you are interested in joining the Gratitude Circle: 
Write a gratitude post, 
Add the badge Post it on the last Thursday of the month and 

Add your link to the Gratitude Circle. https://vidyasury.com/ 

Be Happy & Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget