April 30, 2014

ZEST!


 
The last letter of the alphabets today was not an easy task for me to pick up a quote, a lot of words with Z came to my mind, the first thing was zeal, zealous and finally zest, all three is closely linked/related to enthusiasm.

 I was wondering what to write for Zest, so I started thinking what brings in zest in our lives- after a lot of thinking. I looked at the some the meanings from Google and I found Zeal means a strong eagerness, excessive fervor to do something or accomplish, to push and reach the goal and Zest means keen relish, hearty enjoyment and gusto.

I explored further by thinking deeply to understand that zest comes when we want to live up to our complete potential, when there is a goal in life, when we realize, we are here for a purpose. 

Zest also comes when we give ourselves totally and unconditionally to that which does not allow us to sleep. A dream, a cause a purpose that does not allow us to relax, but makes us so passionate that we are all the time thinking about, as if it had caught us like a fire, inflaming our lives bringing in a lot of newness, a lot of energy, positivity bringing the very best in us, thus providing happiness, joy, satisfaction and fulfillment.
Free images from Google

The persons who came to my mind when I thought about this word zest was Jesus because of his passion to do the father’s will on the earth, there is also a quote from the bible, that  says “Zeal for my father’s house consumes me like fire” the passion was so great in Jesus  that he did not mind giving up his life on the cross for all of mankind.

I think of Mahatma Gandhi, the zeal for the country’s freedom was so great that began nonviolence movement and created history in the world by bringing freedom to our country.

Mother Theresa was another person, who with zeal, left her comfort zone and moved out of the convent to be with the poor, as she could not kill her conscience and the deep calling that she felt.

There are many more people in this world, I am sure you will also remember a lot more of people who were and are passionate about their dream.

Free images from Google
I had a passion to help people at an young age, but I did know how to go about, and I am grateful for all the persons, situations, circumstances and every small experiences of my life that led me to be where I am today, in a helping profession.

Life prepared me for this particular stage of my life, as I began to dream and do whatever came my way in terms of working with different types and groups of children, youth and women.

I am confident as I keep responding and being relevant to my life’s call I will finally fulfill the purpose for which I was created.

While I end this post, I want to be grateful to each one of you who are reading this post and all the others who have been, for a brief moment part of my life “thank you for being you” I am glad that if you were not you and I wouldn’t be me” I close with this beautiful quote;

“Associate yourself to a great cause. You may not do the cause much good, 
but the cause will do you a lot of good.” Anonymous

Praying for zest in your life! Keep smiling and be happy!
 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations for completing the A-Z challenge with style! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your today's post is a complete package of zestfulness...on a very lovely note you've ended this challenge....Congratulations on completing it .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I am so glad to hear from you and congrats to you too for being an inspiration, you have a lovely blog and its my pleasure to visit !

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post on Z for Zest. Congrats for A to Z:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton ! do appreciate you... I have not visited your blog, if you have been part of A-Z then congrats to you too... hope to catch up with your blog.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Congrats for completing AtoZ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks srilakshmi ! glad for you too... hope to stop by your blog...

      Delete
  5. Congratulations !!! to end the series on a high note with mention of Mahatma Gandhi and Mother Teresa... Thanks for your continued support..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my pleasure, appreciate you for continuously affirming and encouraging, thanks for your kindness !

      Delete
  6. That is a great quote. Something to remember.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, nice to have met you here, hope to be connected !! congrats to you too

      Delete
  7. You've ended A-Z on a very positive note! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget