January 10, 2012

Inspiration for Being Persistent


My inspiration for today is an extract from the book “The Greatest Salesman in the world by OG MANDINO

I will persist until I succeed
I was not delivered into this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins.  I am not  a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd.  I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious.  Let them join the sheep.  The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.

I will persist until I succeed
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal.  Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road.  Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail, I will take another, and yet another.  In truth one step at a time is not too difficult.

I will persist until I succeed
I am empowered with these thoughts today, to keep moving, and carry on with my work, my plans and will enjoy every moment of the day in accomplishing what I desire – walk, meditate, pray, read, drink plenty of water, focus on my duties at home and at workplace, smile and keep moving on persistently with gratitude that keeps my heart happy !

Be Blessed & Be Happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget