June 30, 2024

June 2024 Gratitude

“Life is a puzzle and every experience you face is a piece that eventually forms a bigger picture.”

The month of June was welcoming– I am glad to post today as it’s a new month and my pleasure to reflect on the past month, a reminder that not just 30 days of June but  6 months are gone  never to come back.  It’s a new month and I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for everything I experienced, in this month – some moments of happiness, sadness, discomforts, pain, learnings, all together that kept me alive, moving and grateful. 

Here are some of the highlights of this month.

I started riding to my work place, after my cataract surgery I was not riding for some time, now I am happy  that I could use my bike for attending work; regularly meeting clients, addressing different issues, helping some of them with referrals and some just motivating and encouraging and maintaining the records at the centre.

I am grateful for Dr Beena, in charge Director of our centre, for visiting the centre; it’s a blessing to have a mentor who can constantly guide and inspire. A person with a vision  who understands mental health and is passionate about helping students and enthusiastic in making a difference in the lives of those around in the campus.



I am thankful to God for the gift of friends who work in the area of mental health. We are happy to work, refer clients, share knowledge and update one another.  We celebrated Amina’s birthday at a Restaurant name Exotica, Hyderabad.  The weather changed and it was raining heavily but it did not stop us from coming together, as all of us waited enthusiastically for this meeting and we had a great time affirming and celebrating Amina.

This month I developed some infection in my ear and it caused a lot of problems; I had to consult an ENT doctor who gave me antibiotics for a week; and then another doctor as the problem was not solved. Then I found there was a swelling of my right ear, a small abscess outside on the top of the outer ear (Pinna).  Thanks be to God for my doctor who identified early enough to remove the pus and put betadine and closed it with a small plaster. This took almost two weeks to heal, this is caused due to multiple factors according to the doctor, and he says sometimes there is some imbalance caused in the ear. It could also be because of the sugar levels and thankfully I am healed now.

“Be strong; you never know who you are inspiring” Unknown

I am grateful for the experience as I have never had this kind of a pain, this experience made me reflect and take care of myself and also value everything I had in my life – my daughter Maria Dorothy was an angel taking care of me especially dressing the wound everyday both in the morning and evening when I came back from work. She was also attending college, writing her assignments and was also taking care of me.

David was ensuring that I get all the medicines and whatever I needed. My sister in law Anuja was of great help as she helped Dorothy in the kitchen so I did not have to bother about anything, there was no stress for me as I was provided with everything needed and I feel immensely thankful to God as to how I survived and got out this terrible pain. I stopped riding and took auto every day to the campus, grateful that I had this facility and was comfortable to work.


I am thankful for my classmates who visited me and spent some time with our family- it was nice to have people around especially when they surprise you. This month our class mates celebrated birthday of Saroj and we went out for a dinner –I felt good after all this experience of pain and resting at home, it was a good break to go out and enjoy with friends with good food, and celebrating the gift of life. Saroj is an old friend of mine, also my classmate, my family knows her well and we have been family friends for many years, we were happy to celebrate her birthday.

This month was the Father’s day and I felt like making a post- so I posted a picture of him and me and wrote 3 things that I liked about my father, he was a man of prayer and his simplicity and profound faith in God sustained him till the end of his life, he loved good food and enjoyed food with friends and relatives who visited us and he was very generous with himself – never saved anything for himself but gave everything for the family and thinking about him made me feel grateful.

I put this picture for this is special for me as I recalled when I had this hair cut he was so happy to see me look differently and affirmed me J I am also grateful for  he always encouraged and never stopped me from continuing my education.

My younger sister Leena was interested in trying out some Kerala cuisine at a restaurant near my residence. So one Sunday she just stopped by and we went to SWAD restaurant for lunch where they served us appam (pancake made of rice) and paratha (wheat chapattis) with spiced black chick peas and some chicken roast. I am grateful for this time and for trying out something different for lunch.

I am grateful to be connected with tree lovers group and managed to post on second Thursdays and fourth Thursdays facilitated by Parul who is an inspiration for me. This is the link for the tree lovers: http://happinessandfood.com/tag/treelove/


I am grateful for all those people who are part of my lives, my colleagues at work who are kind, neighbors, all the service providers, YWCA of Secunderabad where I get to be involved in project / community work, for all those people who inspire me.  I am happy to be reading a lot of content related to philosophy as part of my preparation for my exam in the coming month.

This month I am glad to have watched Mamla Legal Hai- its an Hindi web series light humor on Net flicks, also the Great Indian Kapil show for my entertainment and some laughter.. There are still a lot more things to be grateful for; I end my post here, hope you had a great month.

Thanks for reading my post,

Be Blessed & Be Happy!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that you have recovered from cataract surgery. Hope the ear infection is under control. Get well soon!
    Thank you for dropping by my blog and reading my posts. Looking forward to your comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Pradeep that's so very thoughtful of you to remember me, I have recovered completely from cataract surgery as well as my ear infection is gone, and I am back to my routine.. appreciate you for asking.. I do enjoy reading your experiences and there is always so much to learn from your blog, thanks for sharing. I would love to read your travel experiences.

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget