August 12, 2021

JULY, 2021 Gratitude

“It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” Germany Kent.


I am glad to write this post as it has become my favorite habit, despite the delay and all odds, it’s a joy to keep counting my blessings; here goes my list:

I am glad to have recovered and feeling much better; I have got into my daily routine; riding to work daily and meeting my students. I am grateful to the doctor who took care of me and helped me to get back to health and continues to be helpful.

The University is functioning and there is full attendance; students are visiting the centre, and am grateful for every counseling session for I learn so much from my students, who never cease to amaze me. This month Covid related fears, anxieties, an increase in domestic violence panic attacks, inability to concentrate on the academics and referrals to the clinic has increased..

The campus is full of students now, admissions in progress and examinations were on and it’s a great sight to see the students moving around all over the campus. Except that the main gate is still closed and we enter in through the other gates- which lead us through beautiful trees on all sides, it’s a nice feeling to ride in this place. I feel blessed to be working in this place.

I am glad to be associated with an organisations that helps youth, trains and builds their capacities and also ensures that they are placed in appropriate jobs that pays them. This month I am happy to refer a few of the students looking for a job. I am thankful to a friend who helped these students found something to learn as well as earn.

I am grateful for a long distance call from a student who was making a decision to settle down in marriage – he wanted to speak to me and shared the photograph of the girl who agreed to get married. He was thankful for the help he received when he was a student at the campus a few years ago. It gives me joy to connect with old students and see them progress in life.

This month we are happy to celebrate Mary Marcus birthday (David’s sister) and we are always happy to celebrate; at her place cutting the cake and enjoyed a delicious meal. I am  thankful that there’s always something to celebrate, enjoy and bond as family.


This month there were a couple of deaths, one of my friends mother had a fall and fractured her hip and was hospitalized for a couple of days, and after which she passed away. She was 80 years old; as they lived closer to my residence I used to visit her regularly. She was cheerful, friendly and had a great sense of humor; I recall all the conversations I had with her over coffee. She loved talking about her home town and how she got married to her relative and moved to Hyderabad.

I am thankful to God that she did not suffer much but passed away peacefully in sleep after interacting with all the members in the family the previous night. This was an opportunity for all the friends to come together and visit the friend who lost her mom; we were all together sharing the grief of our friend.


It’s always nice to stand with each other in moments of crisis and losing a mother can cause a deep pain and emptiness in our hearts. I remember when I lost my mother; I felt a big vaccum in my heart and it took me a long time to cope with the grief. It’s a blessing to have friends who are there for us and we could feel the strength of togetherness as we comforted and spoke about all the lovable qualities inspiring one another.

There was another death – our doctor who is treating me lost his father who was 84 years old. He was active and one fine day complained of chest pain and within few days he passed away. I am grateful for these reminders in life as it helps me put things in the right perspective and also improves the quality of my life.

I feel happy and blessed as the month came to an end; giving me good health, enabling me to get into my usual routine; despite the discomforts  I am grateful that I had family with me to support me in my academics. I am grateful to my daughter Maria Dorothy who helped me in collecting data for my PhD and my colleagues who helped me in finalizing the data and giving me feedback to move ahead.

I am happy to see my daughter managing herself with academics and also helping me, she has also baking cakes and experimenting with nuts, I am grateful to God for the gift of her and David who are always there for me and it’s a blessing to have family support.

I am also grateful to my sister in laws who regularly connect with me enquiring about my health and keep sending me breakfast, snacks, and surprise me with rotis and curry. I feel so blessed to have people placed in the right places as part of the Divine plan. I do appreciate friends who keep in touch, some of them inspire me with daily positive thoughts, still some keep messaging and a few of them have long chats which I enjoy.

On the whole there’s a lot to be grateful for;  I have nothing much to complain about in my life, as I moved with   gratitude into another new month August, 2021.

Thank you for reading my post; I pray that you are healthy and safe. I loved to hear your thoughts.

Be Happy& Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget