July 22, 2020

85 Thursday Tree Love

“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life; your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars” Rabindranath Tagore



Due to lock down the Osmania University Campus is blocked and sealed from the main gates; there was one entrance wherein I use to attend work.  Suddenly even that road was blocked and I needed to complete a urgent task so I parked my car near the main entrance and found a  side small entrance.

I managed to walk through the side narrow lane to reach my centre, completed the work and I was wondering how will I walk back in the hot sun, the thought made me feel lousy and irritated. I had no choice but to take that road and as I started walking back I saw these beautiful trees…. 

I started clicking, the sky was blue and clear and with no traffic it was a pleasant walk.... and all those thoughts about taking this long walk in the hot sun disappeared suddenly within seconds. The sight of the lovely green trees around made me feel happy, there was not a single person walking on that side of the  road, 

I enjoyed the  coolness of the breeze touching my face and my hair, helped me feel refreshed as I walked back to the parking spot, to find that mine was the only vehicle left, all the others have left. I returned  home content with a feeling of having accomplished my task for the day.

Thursday Tree love  is a photo feature on Parul’s blog hosted on second and fourth Thursday of every month.   You are most welcome to join in, all you need to do is:

Post a picture of a tree on your blog


Thank you for reading this post; I would love to know your thoughts...

May you be Happy &Blessed 

Be Blessed & Be Happy !

12 comments:

  1. These university compounds have some of the most gorgeous canopies and trees as they were planted so many decades ago and nurtures through out. I pray they remain so and we get to enjoy them for years to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True :) the campus is filled with trees and well maintained. Every wing has beautiful gardens and there is also a huge landscape garden, and there are people regularly working in these gardens, maintained very well.. surely it will remain as trees are very much part of the campus.

      Delete
  2. I like your quote which is so true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the quote, R Tagore is one of my favorite.

      Delete
  3. I love university campus with more trees around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know there is a beauty in the environment when it is green all around.. a pleasant sight.

      Delete
  4. Profound quote! Universities often have wonderful old trees and its a pleasure to walk there. Thanks for taking us to this Campus Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Archana, happy you found this quote profound.. I liked it too and sure ! It's a pleasure to move around the campus.

      Delete
  5. Lovely. Energising visuals. Luckily many of the university campuses have lots of trees. When I was in Hyderabad in the late nineties, I used to go the the OU, and I can completely relate to this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear that you were in Hyderabad and used to visit Osmania University; its a beautiful campus and plenty of trees all over. Thank you for your presence here and appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I love university campuses. IISc in Bangalore is my favorite and it has so many trees that you just can't capture all. Glad you were able to get in, Angela. Thanks for joining. I hope to see you back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Parul:) nice to know that you love the university campuses. I have not seen IISC Bangalore, must be beautiful too. Yes I eagerly wait for both 2nd and 4th Thursdays to connect with you, appreciate your initiative.

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget