April 6, 2020

E – The Experts

This April for the #A-Z 2020 challenge I have taken short stories from books of Fr Anthony De Mello – “the song of the bird” and the “prayer of the frog” .  I enjoyed reading his book and I would like to share these stories and hopefully believe that these stories will inspire you too.  

A Sufi tale:


A dead man suddenly came to life and began to pound on the lid of the coffin. The lid was raised: the man sat up “what are you doing?” he said to the assembled crowd, “I am not dead.”

His words were meant with silent disbelief. One of the mourners finally said,

“Friend, the doctors and the priests have certified that you are dead, so dead you are.”

And they duly buried.


“Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience” Denis Waitley

While I was reading this tale, I felt so amused but on a serious note this is what is happening in our lives… and that’s how the “normal” people end up in psychiatrist wards, because they are thinking and feeling differently and do not conform to the norms set by culture, traditions and certain belief systems.


Thanks for reading this post, appreciate you for taking time, I would love to hear from you in the comment box. Hope you are at home and safe..

Be Blessed & Be Happy!

2 comments:

  1. Such a profound story, Genevive.
    Reminded me of something that we share in our trainings --- an expert is one who knows more and more about less and less, until eventually he knows everything about nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa, glad you found this story profound. I like what you said: an expert is one who knows more and more about the less and less... :)

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget