April 1, 2020

A - Self Awareness

I am glad to participate once again this year in the April #A- Z 2020 challenge. It will be the 6th time I am participating. With the current scenario of COVID-19 lock down globally, giving rise to fears, anxiety and insecurity among all of us... there is enough and more information on prevention and precautions. I along with our family have been staying at home to protect myself and others around us. Also taking precautions to stay mentally healthy and socially connected in different ways. I am glad to stay in touch with our students, and respond to their calls on phone.
We are all in together sharing the global concern of lock down..  and standing united we will fight and believe that this is only a phase and “This too shall Pass…

This April for the A-Z 2020 challenge I have taken short stories from books of Fr Anthony De mello – “the song of the bird” and the “prayer of the frog” which is my all time favorite. I enjoyed  reading his books again, and I would like to share these stories and hopefully believe that these stories will inspire you too.  

A great religious persecution broke out in the land and the three Pillars of religion, Scripture, Worship and Charity appeared before God to express their fear that, if religion was stamped out, they would cease to exist.

“Not to worry” said the Lord, “I plan to send One to earth who is greater than all of you.”
“By what name is this Great One called?”

“Self –knowledge, “said God. “He will do greater things than any of you have done.”

(source: Prayer of the Frog Vol 1. Anthony de Mello)


Self Awareness is the first step towards emotional intelligence. It is this ability that helps us in understanding ourselves better; and proactively manages ourselves even in the crisis situation. To be able to deal with our own fears and restlessness, stress and evolve action steps that could help us and every one around us.

There are simple ways in which we can develop self awareness:
Begin the day with gratitude
Sit in silence – with a candle lit or a diya and be aware of everything around yourself
Practice mindfulness throughout the day
Slowing down after every task we do
Taking short breaks and focusing on our breathing patterns – becoming aware of our own breath
Recording positive experiences of the day
Maintain a Gratitude Journal

Thank you for reading my post, and would love to hear from you :)

Be Happy & Be Blessed ! 

2 comments:

  1. O this post is lovely Genevive thank you so much! Reminds me of Socrates, Know Thyself .. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, happy to hear form you and I am glad that you found this post lovely.. yes I recall Socrates story in my class... used to be so fascinated and sad too for he was killed for poisoning the young minds..

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget