February 28, 2020

Gratitude for February, 2020

“Contentment is a natural wealth, Luxury is artificial poverty” Socrates
The month began with a Picnic Outing with the #YWCA Secunderabad and the venue chosen by the committee was a beautiful one – called the Beauty Green Farm.  Which was full of trees, a beautiful swimming pool and great ambience with good food. There was lot of fun, singing, dancing, swimming, good food and games too. The whole day was a pleasant one and it was a good break for me and Dorothy. We came back home refreshed, with high spirits to begin the new month with thanksgiving. We continued to relive, share photos and videos of the day and forwarded to the group and posted a few on face book too.:)

This month there was also a suicide of the student as he did not qualify in post doctoral studies, he consumed poison and was found dead on the floor in his room. It was very disturbing event and for the next 2- to 3 days the news in the campus was all about the suicide – which was quite depressing and it disturbed me too… was feeling a bit low but then life goes one, I had students coming with depression an academic issues and I got busy dealing with the students. 

I feel privileged to have chosen this career for myself, despite what happens in the campus – I feel motivated to reach out to as many students as I can enabling and empowering them to take responsibility, to believe in oneself, challenge irrational beliefs and learn to cope with emotional stress and find their life’s purpose.  

I am glad to have watched a Hindi movie of Ayushman Khurana – Subh Mangal Zyaada Savdhaan – which was hilarious but had a message. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie that addressed homosexuality and the perceptions of family members and the way they dealt with it. I watched with my friends and we had so much fun together.
At Tivoli theatre
This month I took some time to take care of myself, it’s been a long time since I went to beauty parlour – the usual one was shifted, and I got so used to thus parlour for the last 9 years.  I do not like to go to any other beauty parlour as I find these girls, warm and also genuine. A week ago I was riding in the same area and I found their beauty parlour so immediately I parked my bike and walked and organized myself to take a break at the parlour. It was a happy moment for meJ

I have been looking out for them and finally found them, and the girls were happy too and started commenting on my face, hands, legs – helped with pedicure, clean up and detan and within 2 hours I was feeling wonderful from within … it’s a joy to have these services for yourself when we are busy and there’s an option of taking a break to pamper yourself a little, it gives a great boost to yourself. I met the other girls and the lady who runs this parlour, paid the cash and walked out with gratitude in my heart.

I am glad that I could just make a decision, meanwhile David was at home to take charge as the domestic help comes in the evening, and one of us have to be there so that she can complete her daily routine work of cleaning and swobing all the rooms and keeps the place neat and tidy for us. It’s a blessing to have a help who is regular, committed and can be trusted and such a relief a major part of maintaining the house hold chores is taken care. Thanks to David and Dorothy who are always there to take charge of all the chores at home, when I am out pursuing to follow up with academics or even work.

I am glad to catch up with a college mate on phone and it’s a great feeling to connect with friends and talk endlessly about the years that have gone by. Sharing experiences of happiness, sadness and memorable moments gives a sense of fulfillment and bonding.
small joys(punugulu - Andhra deep fried snack and potato Bajji)
This month was also one of my friend Subhandra’s birthday and it’s time to connect and wish her the very best in life. We friends have met in advance and celebrated in an informal way and we look forward to meet up and unwind ourselves.  Friends truly are angel’s in disguise and to be surrounded by good and trustworthy friends is a blessing in life. I always appreciate, value and cherish good friends.


I received a beautiful parcel from one of my friends – who had gone to IKEA with her family and picked up containers –a set of 12 to 13 boxes which could be used in the kitchen. This was a surprise and these little deeds and thoughtfulness make my day… felt  happy and grateful..

This month the church initiates Lent – a season to fast, pray and give alms to the poor and needy, every hour the church gives us this reminder – and I personally feel we must do this all through our lives and not seasons to remind. Nevertheless I respect those who do it in this month with devotion and I am inspired by my daughter Dorothy who is following it strictly and I am glad to watch her visit the church, fast and pray too.

While I am grateful for so many blessings – of being Alive, basic needs being met, having education and a career to live by, a loving family and good friends. I am also disturbed by what is happening in our country with regard to the CAB (Citizenship Amendment Bill) – especially in our capital city, every day reading about innocent lives being lost, large number of people getting injured and the experimentation of CAB in Assam, and the worst is the politicians blaming one another. I can only pray for our country leaders for the wisdom to be able to tackle these issues and let peace and harmony prevails.

I just got the results of my Pre-PhD exams in the end of February, 2020 and am so happy that I have cleared this examination – ready to embark on the new path of research as a scholar. Feeling grateful, blessed and content to be moving in the direction of my destiny… grateful to God, my family and friends for their support an encouragement.

Hope you had a great month – thank you for reading this post, appreciate your comments.I am joining #Gratitude Circle hosted by Vidya.

Be Blessed & Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget