December 2, 2019

Gratitude for November  2019

"The more you practice the art of thankfulness, the more you have to be thankful for." -Norman Vincent Peale

The month of November is very important for us as Catholics wherein we celebrate the All souls day, which is a reminder that our lives here on earth is temporary, the church keeps teaching us to walk in the right path, to do good, and honour and respect people when they are alive.  Also to be grateful for all those who have gone ahead of us and now are no more with us; to learn to walk in faith, and enhance the quality our lives.

This month I traveled to Chennai – for a wedding. One of my best friend’s daughter was getting married and the tickets were booked much in advance, so this event was something I was looking forward. David couldn’t make it but he was sweet enough to book tickets for me and Dorothy .It was a pleasant train journey. When we travel in train there is so much time to interact, talk, laugh and have fun – it’s such a good break from our daily grind.

I appreciate my friend Theresa for her thoughtfulness, for looking into the minute details of our stay – made us feel at home and comfortable, ensured that we had good food for all the days, transport to move around sightseeing within the city, a break at Marina Beach and a quiet place for rest and sleep.
I feel grateful for friends in my life, they are truly angels who have part an important part of my life’s journey.  I wonder what my life would be without them. I came back to Hyderabad with delicious wedding cake and wine tooJ feeling so grateful and blessed! 

November was a busy month, my hands were too full as I counseled, taught, researched, met senior professors, my guide and read up so much related to my subject. I gained so much knowledge as I prepared every unit to teach the students, at the Cherlapally Prison – in fact I learnt much more than I taught them - there is so much of satisfaction, a sense of fulfillment and meaning when you work with passion.  

While I regularly counseled students at the counseling centre. I realize there are so many issues a person can struggle with; even though everything on surface looks perfectly fine – when we listen we find we are surrounded by broken, hurt and wounded people, learning to cope with a wide range of issues.

November is also a time for  YWCA of Secunderabad(Young Women Christian Association) to celebrate World Week Of Prayer – wherein all the YWCA’s around the world will pray, reflect and encourage, collaborate with one another on specific theme evolved much before. The theme for this year was breaking power structures, challenging the stereotypes set by the society – empowering the women and enabling them not only claim their rights but also help the other women to claim their rights.

This year I am grateful for the Thanksgiving celebrations at YWCAof Secunderabad- it was a historic moments for all of us as one of our Youngest member Ms Bakhita Francis was elected as a member of YWCA World Council. It was also birthday of our Vice President –South East Region, YWCA India. A double celebration at the #YWCAof secunderabad we were happy and grateful and combined it with the Thanksgiving which is usually celebrated on the last Thursday of November.


I am immensely thankful to God for the opportunities He provides not only for making my journey a meaningful one, but also leading me to places, I never dreamt of in my life J I was asked to go for invigilation for the IInd year students writing their Msc Psychology examinations.

I am happy that with Road Transport on strike has come to an end. My daughter has started commuting in bus to her college.  But despite all the issues– I am blessed to have my Access 125 – my constant companion that takes me everywhere, riding long distances.  I used the bike to the maximum due to the strike, riding places I would never have dared to drive J 10, 20, 30, and sometimes even 40 kilometers, thus pushing my limits and completing all my assigned tasks. In all these twice I escaped road accidents – which is a miracle and I firmly believe it was a divine intervention.

I am grateful that I am still ALIVE, BREATHING, IN GOOD HEALTH OF MIND& BODY. There is food on the table every day, and there’s a roof over my head and I have a place to rest, a family to support and friends to encourage, motivate and work that keeps me busy and occupied, colleagues who  inspire and motivate, and a calm environment that brings me Peace, Power, good health and harmony.
"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."- Theodore Roosevelt

We are almost nearing the year 2019 – the countdown begins J one more month and we will reach 2020. I feel sad for all those who departed this year, some of them suddenly and still some quietly. May all their souls rest in peace…. My prayers for their families….

The end of the month was shocking incidents of Dr Priyanka, a veterinary Doctor who was raped and murdered in a gruesome manner at the outskirts of Hyderabad.  This was the most painful news which rocked the state. I have no words to express while I followed up the news of their parents boycotting the police, politicians who wanted to visits at their residence for condolence. The systemic lapses and the failure of the institutions only prove how easily the culprits escape and the crimes against women are on rise. There is so much to do in terms of bringing awareness among men and women, the gender equation. It’s so very important to teach the boys to learn to respect women and not treat them as commodities to be used, sold and burnt.

This kind of news breaks the heart, and makes me irritated, angry and frustrated as every day there is at least one crime against women. I intended to make a gratitude post – gratitude does not mean that we ignore whats happening around us. Gratitude means that despite all this we continue to work and be grateful for all those people who have stood by Dr Priyanka s family members,  the  NGO’s, Institutions, Medical Fraternity who have come out in the open to demand for justice.

I only pray and hope to wait for a day in our lives where women are treated with respect and this world become a safe space for girls and women.

How was your November? Would love to hear from you. Thank you for reading my post, and I appreciate you for your time.


May you be blessed & Happy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget