April 2, 2018

April blogging #A-Z 2018- C

This post is written for the April blogging A-Z 2018. I have chosen the theme 
Books and Authors for this year.

While I was thinking about the letter C. the books that came to my mind are Christian Vision by Fr John Powell SJ which I had read years ago and it was great book. The other books which I have in my cupboard were the Chicken Soup series – there are three books with me:Chicken Soup for the Soul;Chicken Soup for the Kid’s Soul & Chicken Soup for a Woman’s Soul.
For this post I picked up Chicken Soup for Woman’s Soul as it’s a gift book from one of my friend, and I enjoyed reading this book. This book is a bestseller, containing 101 stories to open the hearts and rekindle the spirits of women.  This book is full of inspirations, stories and motivation for women. There are  stories by Oprah Winfrey, Maya Angelou, Dolly Parton, Bessie Delaney and many more women, it’s a 350 page book and it has short stories on 10 different themes beginning with Love, Attitude and Self Esteem, Overcoming Obstacles, On Marriage, On Motherhood, Special moments, Live your Dream, On Aging, Higher wisdom and Across Generations.

This book is easy to read, language is simple and lot of people are involved in contributing to this book that has poems, quotes, and short stories which are beautiful and inspiring . Since this book is focuses on women. I am sharing a message from the Marianne Williamson‘s work “A Women’s worth, which was shared by Oprah in a commencement address to the graduates of all female Spelman College in 1993. (page 54 &55 On Attitude and Self Esteem). This has been my favorite and I dedicate this post to all the lovely women out here J

“Be a queen. Dare to be different. Be a pioneer. Be a leader. Be the kind of woman who in the face of adversity will continue to embrace life and walk fearlessly towards the challenge. Take it on! Be a truth seeker and rule your domain, whatever it is – your home, your office, our family –with a loving heart.

Be a queen. Be Tender. Continue to give birth to new ideas and rejoice in your womanhood….. My prayer is that we will stop wasting time being mundane and mediocre… we are daughters of God – here to teach the world how to love …

It doesn’t matter what you’ve been through, where you come from, who your parents are – nor your social or economic status. None of that matters. What matters is how you choose to love, how you choose to express that love through your work, through your family, through what you have to give to the world…

Be a queen. Own your power and your glory!

I am glad you are here and I appreciate you for reading my postJ would love to hear your thoughts.

Be Blessed & Be Happy !!

4 comments:

  1. Be a Queen, how lovely is that thank you Genevive for the Marianne Williamson excerpt. The Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul book sounds wonderful! Lovely C choice -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan glad you liked my C Choice. This excerpt has been my all time favourite for women... I remember for the first time when I read this years ago. I typed and printed to put it on my cupboard for a long time to remind myself:)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful excerpt you have shared here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget