October 25, 2020

Rosemary Viaguladass - Birthday Remembrance

Re posting this today - birthday of my mother

“The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained” author unknown

Rosemary is my mother’s name and today is her birthday, which has always been special occasion for me. I never forget her birthday and always loved to celebrate with her, affirming, and appreciating her for all that she was for me in my life.

I used to pick up a saree a month in advance and ensure that everything is ready, the fall for the saree is stitched, her blouse given to the tailor, accompany her to the church, say the rosary in the evening and also enjoy the delicious meal prepared by her. (As I was not a great cook J and my mother had special gift of cooking and serving.)

She was a happy lady, ever smiling, spreading cheer and joy with good sense of humor and loved socializing. Even my friends were entertained by her and would always write, and speak to me about her hospitality and the way she greeted people and start off a conversation.

Her memories continue to touch my heart, and inspire me to imbibe her qualities and keep her alive in my life. Her death was untimely and sad and happened in such a manner that I couldn’t do much from my part J .

Despite whatever happened I am proud that she was my mother, and grateful for all that she did for me to enable and empower me in my life.  She would always state that once she becomes immobile, she would never want to be around and preferred a peaceful death troubling none. Only one thing she dreamt and longed for, to live with dignity in her own house, which was hers but sadly, was never fulfilled and she easily let go and preferred death.

Someday when the pages of my life end,
I know that
You will be one of
Its most beautiful chapters- unknown


Be Blessed & Be Happy !

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful tribute to your mother Genevive. Happy birthday Rosemary! I often think of my late mother and your quote by 'unknown' is lovely - 'someday when the pages of my life end, I know that you will be one of its most beautiful chapters'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan for your thoughts and nice to know that you liked the quote from the unknown.... I loved the quote too and it resonated with my thoughts:)

      Delete
  2. A lovely tribute Genevive to your mother - I see you wrote it 3 years ago but it’s as fresh as dew. lovely to have, or have had, these rituals around her birthday 🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, that so very sweet of you and yes everything is so fresh as a dew in my mind and I know she lives in me as I keep practicing some of her kind deeds in small little ways. The memories stay forever for a long time...

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget