April 4, 2016

C- Choose, Create and Cultivate Friends for yourself

I have chosen 26 Tips for a Happy Married Life as  my theme for A-Z April challenge, 2016. 
Today the word is Choose, Create and Cultivate Friends for yourself


I have begun to realize the importance of choosing and creating friends for myself and cultivate these relationships that allow me to be myself. Relationships that accepts without judging, criticism, communicates understanding, liberating me from within to believe in myself, trust in my own capacity, to deal with every problem that comes my way is truly worth.

The reason for my own stability in my marriage is the choice of my friends whom I created and cultivated along life’s journey. I am blessed to always have friends, who were and still are trustworthy. Friends who helped me in my tough times, whenever I struggled in marital relationship. 

Google images

I knew exactly who to connect with to vent my feelings, to find a private space that could give me the confidence to cry without suppressing myself and comfort to let out the steam. Friends most of the times were my family who offered me love and support and helped me stay strong enabling me to understanding myself, and enriched my relationship with David thus keeping us together as a family.

This is not easy to create… it takes a lot of time, effort – staying within our boundaries, respecting our priorities, weeding out friends who do not help and maintaining balance.  It’s truly a blessing to have lot of friends wherever we go; I am glad to have created and cultivated friends at workplace, in neighbourhood and at the church.

I made a choice to create and cultivate friends who were my college mates, family friends and a few friends I made as I changed my jobs and now I have extended to few at the social networking sites and also some who stay connected because of the kind of work I do – volunteering, blogging and working in service sector, I meet a lot of people.

Google images..

I am convinced now for the need of good positive friendships, in fact they bring so much of positive energy in marital relationship. It is sad to find a lot of couple who do not have any friends and they say their husband/wife is everything in life...leading to so much of dependency on one person, and it’s also unfair to expect your husband/wife to be everything to you.  

I have always encouraged David to choose friends who can empower him, and enable him to live his capacities to the fullest. We all need create and cultivate friendships that offer space to breathe free making our marriage a healthy one. It’s a great feeling to have your own friends and at the same time respect the friends of your spouse too… they are here for a reason...

Would love to hear from you.

Be Blessed & Be Happy!

12 comments:

  1. Choosing friends carefully is really important as a good friend can be a boon but a bad friend can wreak a havoc!
    Wonderful post! Enjoyed reading it :)

    Cheers,
    Srivi
    The Piscean Me | Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so very true ! the choices we make has its consequences. glad you enjoyed reading my post. thanks for being here !!

      Delete
  2. True that! What would be life without friends... we all need those friends who can listen to us without being judgmental and be supportive of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes shilpa, our minds are so set that automatically judging happens, nothing like having friends who are empathetic..

      Delete
  3. So so true.. And maintaining friendship after marriage is another thing altogether. Everyone is married and every one has family and priorities and so many things to follow and yet the subtlety of friendship keeps everything going. A little bit of understanding can do wonders to our soul. Isn't it?

    Cheers,
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. friendship adds so much to making our life worthwhile and meaningful... its a blessing to have good friends who in fact help us bond with our family..

      Delete
  4. Hi Angela, it is a true blessing to have good friends in life. But like you said, one has to persevere with maintaining good, strong friendships. Being judgemental, critical or biased doesn't help. Yes, choosing and cultivating good friends is an art!
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kala, thanks for being here. Also nice to hear from you, and yes it takes time to cultivate good relationships.. .. and its truly an art of choosing and also becoming a good friend to somebody :)

      Delete
  5. Your advice is truly mature and well thought out. Friends are important especially the right ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing similar feelings... absolutely right kind of friends very important :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.

    Short but very precise information… Thanks for sharing this one.
    A must read article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome, appreciate you for being here and commenting:)

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget