August 3, 2015

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!

I want to dedicate this post for all my Friends !

Thanks to the image from Google
This year Friendship Day 2015 - I remembered all my friends and prayed for each one of them as they came into my thoughts. Friends have been a great source of inspiration and support for me.  Friends have been my strength in times of trials, and tribulations.  Good friends are not easy to find for the are great treasures a beautiful blessings of life.

A friend is a present you give yourself." - Robert Louis Stevenson

I recalled all of them with gratitude, wherein in I met so many of them at different stages of my life.  They helped me find my true self; they loved me for who I was, rather than for what I had. They helped me feel at home in their company, more than that friends helped me feel at home with myself, enabling me to accept and understand myself. It is with their help I was able to initiate the longest journey of daring to look within, and courageously move into a path to discovering self…. This is still in process..

Friends are God's ways of apologizing for our families."  Anonymous

There were moments when I could not handle myself, and they were there for me, holding my hands and spending their valuable time with me; I struggled to deal with certain emotions, they helped me cope with my feelings. Friends communicated understanding and helped me to sort out myself; when I was confused and felt lost, they heard me with love and helped me find answer for myself;

There were also times I wept bitterly when I was hurt, when I lost my only son; and they were there offering me comfort and solace; Friends I thank you for affirming me, and journeying along with me; Today I feel proud, honoured and lucky to have met such lovely souls in my life. Definitely you were not an accident; but a Divine intervention meant to touch my life…. giving me strength and courage to live my life with gratitude...



Your friend is your needs answered."  Kahlil Gibran

Yesterday I was glad to take a few calls from my friends; and also could chat with them online. At the end of the day, one of my friend surprised me with her visit; and suggested we go out for a little while. So I took my daughter and all three of us went out in the evening…. Enjoying the cool breeze, lovely weather and stopped at a place where there were plenty of kids and youth having a great time on friendship day.

I wish all of you my friends (both on line and off line) who are reading my post a very Happy Friendship Day! May the Good lord bless you with Friends to bring cheer and joy in your life.

 "Friends are the sunshine of life." John Hay
Be Happy!

9 comments:

  1. Having good friends in your life is so very important and valuable - they are worth their weight in gold! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Laurel, its such a blessings to have friends, and am glad to have a variety of them ... thanks for being here..

      Delete
  2. Sorry if this comes up as a duplicate comment Genevive. Lovely post about friends thank you ... Where would be without them? Loved the quotations too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan ! relax, this has not come up as duplicate, thank you for your comment, appreciate you always .... and yes I would say what is life without friends... it would be so boring, nice to be connected..

      Delete
  3. Life is truly blessed with some good friends! Glad to meet you online, Genevive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here and I am lucky to find you among so many out there; you are one of those very inspiring bloggers and love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Angela.. nice quotes on friends.. Glad that you had great friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mahathi, for being here; I am glad to connect with you... yes I feel good to stay in touch with friends.

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget