February 7, 2011

What Can You Do Today?



A central teaching in most spiritual traditions is “what you wish to experience, provide for another”. Look to see, now, what it is you wish to experience in your own life, and in the world. Then see if there is another for whom you may be the source of that.

• If you wish to experience peace, provide peace for another
• If you wish to experience that you are safe, cause others to know that they are safe
• If you wish to better understand seemingly incomprehensible things, help another to better understand.
• If you wish to heal your own sadness or anger, seek to heal the sadness or anger or another.

Those others are waiting for you now. They are looking to you for guidance, for help, for courage, for strength, for understanding, and for assurance at this hour. Most of all, they are looking to you for love. My religion is simple. My religion is kindness.
– Dalai Lama

I am inspired by the above lines, especially at this moment when I am experiencing grief, sadness, emptiness and void after the death of my son. I am beginning to realize, that these emotions too have their own purpose in my life.

I am glad for family and friends who are extremely kind and supportive, and I have allowed myself to be healed. Even though the memories of my son are fresh in my mind, and I get overwhelmed whenever I think of him, but I am happy for pain, as I am sure that it will fulfill a purpose on this earth.

I believe life is full of opportunities, I am responding to my call, how about you. What are you experiencing now, that you can provide for another?

Have a meaningful day !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget