February 28, 2011

Positive steps for a New Direction

Some of the steps I have taken to move on in my life are as follows:

Loving myself


I began to appreciate and love myself again for the way I carried myself in a tough situation without losing hope and not getting despaired.

I began to treat myself well; I resumed my walks, picked up comfortable sandals for my legs that have carried me all around for so many years of my life.

I spent time with myself in meditation, every morning enjoying the company of myself.

I started practicing affirmations, conditioning my mind, stating that I am a child of God and I am divinely guided. All is well in my life



Giving away myself

I started accepting invitations from families to visit them and accept their condolences.

I have resumed taking up sessions on stress management, self esteem and personal growth sessions which I enjoy and find exciting to share with my young friends.

I have taken up a part time work in counseling youngsters in suicide prevention counseling centre, which gives me flexibility in my schedule to be with my daughter.

Being Grateful

I continued to be in a state of gratitude believing that every step towards achieving something is bigger and better than my current situation.

Made my thank you list – for all the people who have been with me in the time of crisis, I took the opportunity to email and make those phone calls to show my gratitude.

I Design my own life

I am relooking at my life to chart my own course in life, finding ways which will help me to fulfill the purpose of my existence.

I enjoy the journey of life

I remind myself this quote by Richard L.Evans that says “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.”

I am an Evolving Person, I am still in the process of evolving, I am not a has-been. I am a will be.”

Be Happy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget