September 12, 2018

Thursday Tree Love -41

“The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons” Fyodor Dostoyevsky



I completed my session at the Cherlapally Central Prison, Hyderabad and was returning back to my place. I was finding difficult to get a cab so I preferred to walk till  the entrance gate and then find transport for myself at  the main road. 

As I walked I observed this well kept  Jail,  liked the way trees are planted on either side and whole place is kept so well; neat and clean. I clicked a couple of photos and was thinking about how change can happen even for those behind the bars. The place is maintained by inmates of the prison and looking at the place gives you a sense of peace and tranquility. 

The inmates for whatever reasons are behind the bars; wherein none of us would want to be in a situation that brings fears, anxiety, guilt, shame;  I found this place still has immense capacity to contribute and make a difference to this earth.

Thursday Tree love  is a photo feature on Parul’s blog hosted on second and fourth Thursday of every month.   

You are most welcome to join in, all you need to do is:

1.Post a picture of a tree on your blog


Thank you for reading this post;

May you be blessed!

14 comments:

  1. One place I have never been is on the grounds of a prison. Thinking of the stories these trees could tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its an experience by itself, a kind of mixed feelings and yes the same trees are taken care by the inmates:) Trees have stood by them witnessing every single emotion as they move through in their lives....

      Delete
  2. I guess these Eucalyptus trees have many a stories to tell..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Archana:) I felt the same, as I walked along...

      Delete
  3. Lovely one and looks like Eucalyptus trees. I know what you mean about the jail inmates and how life changes behind the bars. Thank you for joining and sharing this picture. Means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Parul, its my pleasure to be part of this lovely group and so nice to interact with you and the other members here, feels good and its a kind of warmth and acceptance despite coming from various situations. Thanks for initiating this whole process of capturing trees and going green virtually:)

      Delete
  4. However beautiful this place is , I wouldn’t want to be there ! How did you manage to get the whole tree? It looks grand !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sunitha its a beautiful place:) I too feel the same... am sure none of us would like to be in this place... just walking along the road for a cab and just felt like clicking and it worked:)

      Delete
  5. You seem to be noticing a lot more. Seems like a Eucalyptus tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am learning to notice and still in process:) they are Eucalyptus trees and very well maintained by the prison inmates.

      Delete
  6. Premise is so clean and neat!! Hope all inmates return to their life with clean mind of never returning back to prison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this place is maintained well as the inmates are made to work in ensuring that premises is clean. I agree that this therapy of using their energy in doing these jobs and also working with plants will help them never to return back to the prison.

      Delete
  7. The word jail seems scary, but the trees are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be very scared of policemen and Jails:) when I started working in a service sector responding certain issues related to women wherein I had to go to the Police station... interact with them, orient them on the activities of the organisation.. I gradually got out of it... now I feel compassion for the inmates in prison... after having listen to their stories - the prison looks so green and beautiful because of the inmates who have worked and still work...

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget