May 6, 2015

21 Day Challenge - Day 6

I am participating in  EVERYDAY GYAAN the 21 Day Challenge
May 1-21, 2015
Day 6

Gratitude happens when we experience unconditional love; kindness and compassion. Gratitude flows from the heart because the experience is so liberating.  For me my religious experience/God experience  helped me to a large extent to focus and count on every blessing in my life, altering my self esteem and giving me a proper lens to view myself, life, nature and the whole universe.

I also feel very privileged for all the opportunities that came my way to search and explore the reason for my existence, thus breaking all boundaries of religiosity and broadening the paths to find myself.

Thanks to my experience at the vipassana meditation centre- that helped me understand the importance of  self observation, which can be experienced directly by disciplined attention to the physical sensations on the body. It is a journey that interconnects body and mind bringing in balance.



In order to be grateful, one must develop self awareness which will lead us to acknowledge, appreciate and be thankful for all that we have and all that we receive in life. When we do not develop self awareness, it is easy to get into the blaming game, complaining and comparing ourselves with others; and refusing to look at the small joys that we encounter in our daily lives.

I love this quote of Helen Keller that says “So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied”


The focus is on counting the blessings, an attitude which is so very positive that despite all the challenges she faced (being blind & deaf) there is a sense of gratitude springing from her soul. 


Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget