May 14, 2015

21 Day Challenge - Day 13

I am participating in  EVERYDAY GYAAN the 21 Day Challenge
May 1-21, 2015


So very true – goodness come from soil of appreciation for goodness. Appreciation is a beautiful quality  that makes the person happy.  Most of the time we take everything and everyone for granted; we are slow to appreciate, but quick to criticize.

Even at home I find, all the good that is done will go un noticed; only a few things undone will get noticed, recently I found my daughter complete her  home work, cleaned up cupboard, sorted her books and when I came back from work, I asked her why she has not filled water in the bottles; she broke down telling me all that she did from morning till evening at home, and suddenly I realised how insensitive I was and immediately apologised and appreciated her for all the work she did.

image from google
In the same way, there are so many examples of how, we never appreciate the good around us We have trained our minds to look for flaws and criticism comes naturally. I remember years ago when my mother cooked lunch and served all of us, one person will always get stones in his food… it may sound very strange…. But I believe, we get is what we look for… and he would get so angry and my mother used to be doubly careful; despite which the same person will get the stones.

image from Google..
As I read this quote, I appreciate myself for all the good things I have – my family, the work that I do and whole lot of people who are so much part of my life; some who are very close, still others who are helpful and still some more I can have fun with, my neighbours who are kind, whom I can trust my house keys and sometimes even leave my daughter, in times of emergencies, the doctor who treats us, the shop keeper  who delivers our groceries, the persons who collect our garbage every day.. .. the list can go on … am happy to appreciate everyone and everything around me… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget