March 13, 2014

Celebrating Women’s Day!

free images from Google
This women’s day has been special for me, as I have been associated in a pilot project on violence against women in the last six months.  I have been meeting, reading and also helping a lot of women with various kinds of issues that they are struggling with.

 I bow in admiration for all those women who have inspired me by their courage, persistence and strength to come out of very difficult circumstances, and others who still keep fighting their everyday battles. Some of the women have motivated me to look at larger issues, and have instilled in me great hope and gratitude, to help me find strength in myself.

I  recall and remember with gratitude all the women in my life, so many of them, beginning from my grandmothers, my mother, sisters, sister in laws and teachers, mentors, guides and all my lovable girlfriends, colleagues and companions, for making a definite difference in my life and empowering me to take responsibility for everything in my life.

I have not only grown from within, but I also feel a lot richer because of them in my life. I have learnt so many things from different women in my life, some have taught me to love, some to forgive and let go, there have been others who hugged me and stood by me, when I needed the most, and there are still others who have gone out of their way to be sensitive in giving me honest feedback, and challenged me to move out of my comfort zone. I continue to meet them everywhere I go, in the class rooms, in church, slums and community.

 I salute and thank them for adding value to my life, I look at them with wonder and amazement for having fearlessly standing up for their rights, and making a choice for themselves.  There are still many more who need support and it’s been a long struggle ………. There is so much to do. I pledge to do my part, whatever I can within my limits and boundaries.

“Not all of us can do great things, but we all can do small things, says Mother Theresa”

This year may we be inspired to reach out as much as we can, where ever we are placed, in small ways spread love, kindness and compassion by doing our bit  in reaching out to them in whatever ways we can.

Belated wishes to all those women who are so much part of my life,   and those who read this post.

Happy Women’s Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget