July 30, 2012

Be Kind today!


I am inspired by Every Day Gyaan’s post on "One Good Deed " I chose to write down one good deed of the day, as I do not have the habit of recording it, so I thought  why not post it today, this will keep me motivated.

I was travelling in a bus, and I found one young lady in her 30’s sitting in front of me, she appeared in distress, I could make out from the way she dressed up, she was wearing a casual dress, her hair was un kept, and her eyes appeared anxious and worried, looked like she was in a problem, and has got out of the house.

I purchased my ticket for my destination, and was comfortable at the window seat with fresh breeze touching my face, and was quite eager to go to a college, where I was supposed to meet students, as part of my work.I was lost in the thoughts, and was preparing myself for the appointment that was given to me by the college principal. 

The bus conductor’s voice interrupted my thoughts, and so I turned towards him to see what was happening, and why he was so  loud, then I found that this lady who was sitting in front of me  had 500 rupees note and had no change for the bus ticket.

She was pleading with the conductor, to accept that note, and requested him to give her a ticket, stating  that she will wait to take the change in the last stage of the bus stop.  The conductor was not accepting the money from her, but  was shouting at the lady for not giving him change, and he  told her that she must get down in the next stage, if she does not purchase the bus ticket,  I saw what was happening, the lady was almost in tears, looking out for some change, while I saw this lady in helpless situation.

I was moved and immediately I took some change from my purse and bought one ticket for her, the look that I got from that lady is something I cannot forget, she was thanking me again and again.  The amount  I gave was very small, and it did not pinch my pocket, but the relief that offered her was so much, I felt happy because I found an opportunity to show kindness to a stranger, and at the same time I felt I shared her pain, when I got down the bus, I could feel the her positive vibes of gratitude touching me…..  I remembered a popular quote that says, kindness is the rent you pay for occupying the space on this earth.

Be Kind today !
 

3 comments:

  1. Loved it, Janet. We get so many opportunities like this every day - but I think we need to start recording them to motivate ourselves, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it, Janet. We get so many opportunities like this every day - but I think we need to start recording them to motivate ourselves, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being my motivation, you have always inspired me ! thanks corinne !

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget