March 16, 2012

Life is an Echo!


I came across a very interesting story recently – there is a belief that in our country,  taking a dip in river Ganges will purify and wash away all the sins.  Hence a lot of people go for pilgrimage to the  temple which is at the river Ganges. Ganga causes the remission of sins and facilitates the attainment of salvation or nirvana. This deep-rooted truth is proved by the fact that people travel from distant places to immerse the ashes of their kin in the waters of the Ganga at Varanasi or other places located on the banks of this holy river. 

There was one very inquisitive person who wanted to understand, how  river Ganga is able to hold so many people’s sins ?  So he went and spoke to river Ganges asking “ how is it that you are able to shoulder  so many people’s  sins ?,   aren’t you burdened, for which the river  replied, it is very simple, I do not carry any of the loads of sins of anyone on this earth, I just pass this loads of sins to the ocean.  

So the man went to the ocean and asked the same question “how is it that you are able to carry on so many people’s sin?  For which the Ocean replied, it is very simple, I do not carry any load of sins on myself, I just pass it on to the cloud.

So the man went to the clouds and asked the same question “how is it that you are able to carry on so many people’s sin?  For which the cloud replied, it is very simple, I do not carry any sins or burdens,  I just distribute what came to me back to the same people according to the weight of their sins.

Moral of the story – what we sow, is what we reap! Every one of us is responsible for every action in our life, I felt very amused at this story, I never heard it before, but I am happy to understand the concept of what we get is what we give.

Today I am reminding myself to give only what is the best – to do only good and to be good, not only to experience the goodness back in my life, to surround myself with only what is best and good.  For I live only once and I want to live well! 

Be Blessed & Be happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget