April 1, 2011

Celebrate Being You!


A very powerful affirmation of self which has its basis from the bible, and is an extract from Fr John Powell’s book.  I loved reading this passage, every time I read; it made me wonder about myself and has helped me to accept myself just the way I am,  honor myself and even motivated  me to celebrate being myself. Enjoy reading this affirmation

There were many other possible worlds I could have created. Yes, I could have made a world without you.  But, don’t you realize this, that I didn’t want a world without you? A world without you would have been incomplete for me. You are the child of my heart, the delight of my thoughts, and the apple of my eye.

Of course, I could have made you different, taller, shorter, born of different parents, born in a different place and into a different culture, endowed with different set of gifts.  But I didn’t want a different you.  It is this you that I love, Just as every grain of sand on the seashore and every snowflake that falls in winter time has its own unique composition and structure, so are you composed and structured as no other human being has ever been.

 It is this you that I love, that I have always loved and will always love.  If you should ever get down on yourself and feel that you are the types that only a mother could love, please remember this: “Even if a mother should forget the child of her womb, I will never forget you!

Be Happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget