August 18, 2009

You are your own best friend!

I came across an article by Cherri Walston, an M.S. is a certified Professional Coach, trainer and speaker and I am inspired by what she says, here is an extract from it, there is Happiness in Being YOU. We don’t really need something outside of us to make us feel good.

There Is Joy In Being Your Own Best Friend. A true friend is someone who accepts you as you are, feels those fears and anxieties with you, and sees your limitations. A true friend will celebrate you, cry with you, and reason with you for your own good. I can truly say that I have a small, yet valuable set of sister friends who have helped me to be the best I can be. However, I am learning to be my own best friend too.

When I feel like I'm not where I need to be, I smile and remember where I came from. When I fear stepping out of my comfort zone, I feel the fear and say, "go for it girl". And when I am confronted with my limitations, I tell myself to do what I can. A way will be made because God never fails. I find pure joy in laughing at my quirkiness, the silly things I say and do. When you become comfortable with yourself, you'll realize you don't need a crowd to feel good.

Just be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget