July 16, 2009

A Spiritual story

I came across this sweet story, by Greg Miller and I felt quite amused reading it, I am sure you will enjoy reading this; it definitely has a message for each one us.

The sun and the moon were discussing their respective jobs and both were somewhat upset. "It's so hot in my corner of the Universe!," griped the sun. "Thousands of degrees, millions of degrees, what's the difference!? I would sure appreciate a little relief!"

"I'm with you, Old Friend," replied the moon. "But my problem is that my temperature is a little on the cool side - at least for me. I wish I could be much hotter than I am."

"What's all the whining about?" asked the Lord. "I created you and gave each of you the qualities you need to serve me and mankind. Why not be patient and let me work my will through you?"
"Why not let us switch places for just one day?," asked the sun. "Then we'll know if we were assigned the right jobs." "That's right," echoed the moon. "And we'll never complain again about our jobs!"

"All right," agreed the Lord. "Tomorrow, you will exchange places for one day. Then you'll see that I assigned each of you the correct job."

The following morning, the sun and the moon exchanged places. "Wow! This is the life!" exclaimed the moon. "I think I will really like this day-shift job. I can go to work early, leave work several hoursearlier than usual and still have plenty of time to relax."

The sun was equally thrilled with his new one-day assignment. "I can sleep all day today and I'm sure that the moon's work is less strenuous than mine. For one day, I won't be as hot under the collar."
By the end of the 24 hours, however, neither the sun nor the moon had the desire to continue with their short-term gig. "Man, that dayshift job is not what it's cracked up to be," moaned the moon. "I had to wake up several hours before I usually have to, and I was tired all day."

"I enjoyed sleeping late," said the sun. "But about halfway through that long second shift I lost some of my usual bright personality and became a bit grumpy."

The Lord joined the conversation. "Didn't I tell you that you would come to your senses and realize that I knew what I was doing when I created you?" "Yes, you did," said the sun. "And you were right. We should have listened to you in the first place."

"What did you learn from this experiment?, " asked the Lord. "I learned that I'm much more comfortable when I'm at my hottest," said the sun. "And I learned that I feel much better when I keep my cool," chuckled the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget