August 1, 2026

Gratitude Post for July, 2026

Today is 31st July –with tomorrow begins the 8th month of the year. How swiftly the time passes and we are moving so fast. This month began with Maria Dorothy joining an intensive Counseling course at Vellore. So she was  busy preparing herself with paper work and responding their queries and I was wondering how she will travel alone, and when I spoke to the Director there, he told me that a faculty from Hyderabad is traveling, it was a big relief for me that Dorothy got a company to travel to Vellore.

The first week I was busy helping her sort things out. I am grateful everything worked out perfectly. The tickets were booked and I knew the faculty as we had worked together. She was kind to do all the bookings in the beginning of the week; Dorothy left for the course, and I bid goodbye to her at the railway station. Aparna invited me home as she felt I will miss Dorothy, so from the railway station I spent some time with my friend. We went out for a walk and had some tea and snacks and then I returned home with gratitude.

 I do miss my daughter but at the same time I am happy that she has started making her own choices, getting independent, thinking for herself as to what suits her and which direction she must take for a career. She reached Vellore along with her faculty from Hyderabad and connected with us to tell us that she had a safe journey. I was glad that everything was working out for her beginning with an inaugural to theory and practicals at CMC.

 

Initially I was messaging her thrice a day and gradually reduced from twice to one day now. As she got well adjusted and I am grateful that she is doing well, it’s a tough residential programme and lot of work given to students. Since she chose this for herself, its not so bad, except some days she is very tired but other days fine.

This month there were two deaths –one person was the YWCA member which came as a shock to all of us; as she was active member, interacting with everyone and no one expected this news. She was very cheerful person, full of life, generous with her compliments, and always saw the good and appreciated. I went to see her and she looked so beautiful and smiling even on her death. I paid my homage to her and within few days another death, one of our very old neighbor; I used to see her every Sunday for mass and used to interact. I just met her a week before her death for her grandchild first holy communion, and she was very happy meeting all the relatives, near and dear ones. 

 

That was the last time I saw her and she died in the sleep in the early hours. Every time someone close to me dies, a part of me also goes with them and it’s a reminder to me that one day I too will leave this earth. I need to be prepared to go and I have by now learnt to live one day at a time, ensuring that I reach my highest potential – as I feel it’s so important to find myself my purpose for being here on earth and accomplish it. I am grateful for these thoughts as it gives me strength and courage to keep walking in faith, trusting the Lord in everything and continue my journey with gratitude.

 

This month there were a couple birthdays – my sister-in-law Mary Marcus who celebrated her birthday on the 15th of this month, and my younger sister leena who celebrated on the 22nd of this month. Mary Marcus invited me for dinner, it was an informal celebration as she came back from her work to cook, she was happy to see me, I spent some time in prayer and then wished her for her birthday, that day I had late dinner. (which I am not used to) some days I break rulesJ she also packed food for David as it was late night and he was out on some work. I came home with gratitude carrying the food and some snacks.

I am glad that I went out for lunch with Leena for her birthday as she wanted to visit a particular restaurant in the city. I took this opportunity and took her there for lunch, she ordered what she loved to eat remembering her son, shared her experiences of her travel to US. Where she met her son Yohan and stayed with him for a month. She was very happy to meet her son after a long time and she was so excited and happy and told me that he looked after her like a queen. I am grateful for real conversations, and feel enriched listening to travel stories as I love to travel too. :)

This month was the busiest at my workplace, with an additional project sanctioned- a lot of time went in meetings. We had more than half a dozen meeting as a preparatory session for implementing this project. This was alongside my regular routine work, which was getting hectic. I am grateful that I have work to do and with additional project I feel blessed to be part of this project. As it focuses on working in the community on substance abuse and addiction.

There were also other works for me coordinating within the departments, and following up with admin and accounts, as the systems here are rigid and everything takes time; but I am grateful I am able to do everything without losing my temper and being calm and quietly accomplishing all the tasks. I am grateful that I am able to write a little bit whenever possible and I feel good maintaining a journal.

 

I am grateful for my domestic help, despite taking few leaves, she showed up to help me for this month; and luckily my old maid showed up when I needed. So my routine did not get disrupted and I attended all the days in this month, except for one day where I went out.

I am grateful for my client who came to me with her parents to thank me for the sessions, she had serious symptoms. She was referred to the Psychiatrist – with medicine and counseling she came out of her problem, and even got very good marks in her degree. She was so happy that she came to the centre to thank me, bringing a small box of sweets. I was touched by her thoughtfulness, and luckily my director also walked in and she was happy to see her. I encouraged her and told her to set goals and keep working and trying hard. These are small joys of helping and I am overwhelmed with these experiences, as it motivates me to keep doing the good work. 

 

I thank all the service providers who are ready to serve, the milk man who delivers it at home , the Kirana stores person who drops the provisions at  my door step, the mechanic who took my bike for servicing and brought it back home. I am grateful for all these people who males our life easy, saving us so much time.

I am also glad that whenever time permits – I visit the Young Women Christian Association Secunderabad. I am involved in the projects committee – facilitate all the programmes along with my friend Aparna who coordinates and plans all the details for implementation in both our communities.

There was a friendship day celebration at YWCA and it was potluck of snacks and a lot of new members were added, there were some interesting exercises on friendship, a game of tombola and ended with fellowship high tea.. there was plenty of snacks. The members brought a variety of it and each of us added our own snacks, we clicked a lot of pictures and chilled out for some time and came back home with gratitude.

I am happy to stay connected with my school friends, college mates, my colleagues the past and the present ones and feel favored and blessed as the Lord has been kind and generous to me and my family.

I look forward to August 2026 and pray that it will be a great month, and pray that every one reading this post be healthy and happy too.

Be Happy & Blessed ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget