June 8, 2022

Gratitude post for May, 2022

Here goes my gratitude list for the month of May, 2022:

I am grateful for gift of friendships that are genuine and caring - one of our friends had come to the city and she  gathered all of us  together for an evening meeting wherein we shared what was happening in our lives  and catching up with the issues we struggle with and kept encouraging one another. We visited a restaurant so that we could snack and chat; after which we got together to see the other friend who was ill and in process of recovery. 


I am grateful for my daughter Dorothy, who volunteered for summer camp in 3 different homes, and was busy coordinating these programmes. These are children in distress and from difficult situations who are kept in the rehabilitation home run by the NGOs. (Non Governmental Organizations).

I am happy that these opportunities are great for learning and Dorothy is enjoying and learning so much taking initiative, being flexible, working as team and also inspired by the stories of these children. Every day she was sharing about the camp and it made me happy too that she is involved in a meaningful work, and she is growing in maturity understanding the logistics and taking responsibility and most important becoming independent.

While she is busy with the summer camp; her results were out and I am grateful to God and happy for Dorothy for she has graduated successfully from St Francis Degree College and she has scored well and both myself and David are happy, we celebrated in a small way, cut a cake, got her a bouquet and I promised her a treat – a trip to Puducherry after the summer camps. Dorothy has been working quite hard for the last two years and has been doing so well; I am a proud mother who wants to appreciate her and tell her how much she is loved and valued, so the best way is to take a break and enjoy doing nothing.:)


I am grateful for the pink beauty (beautiful flower) which was looking gorgeous it was pure joy to look at this blooming at home. There were also celebrations in the family, my nephew sunny and his wife Mona celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary this month. I am grateful for them in our family and how they have coped with every challenge and still going strong; I believe that without God’s grace it is not easy to travel long distance.

I am also grateful for David’s friends who celebrated Ramadan and we enjoyed the food that is sent to us every year; I do appreciate their thoughtfulness, its become a norm that every year on this day the family sends us Biryani along with shirkurma (sweet dish).

I am grateful that my brother Francis and my sister in law sagaymary have celebrated their 42 wedding anniversary, and it is inspiring that they have come a long way in their journey together; we had a family time with prayers and songs followed by delicious lunch at my nephew’s place.

“I am grateful for what I have. My thanksgiving is perpetual”

Henry David Thoreau

I am grateful I could take time off for a health check up and glad that there are no major issues, except that I needed to change my spectacles; and continue with my regular walk and ensure that I eat healthy to avoid any other issues in the body. I am grateful for my body that is supportive and has enabled me to work, and enjoy life.:)

I am grateful to my students who are in touch with me on whats app and sometimes do come over just to thank and appreciate me for the help they have received from our centre.

I am glad that we have made changes in  our centre by putting up some inspiring posters, as well as shifting furniture’s and  buying some cushions and got new storage boxes to put everything neatly, and getting everything in order. I am happy and grateful for working in this place and I take this as an opportunity to give my best as long as I am in this place.

I am grateful that I could take a break in the end of this month; along with my daughter at Puducherry to relax, rest and rejuvenate. I will write about my trip in June.

On the whole I am grateful for everything happening in my life; all the persons I have met every person who serves us and feel honored that God has blessed me to be blessing for others.   I am privileged, thankful and immensely Blessed! How was your month? Hope it was a great month, would love to hear your thoughts.

Be Blessed & Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget