This post is written for the April blogging #A-Z 2018.
I have chosen the theme Books and Authors for this year.
EXCELLENT QUOTES ON BOOKS
I am patting my back and smiling while I write this post, as this month was quite a exciting month as I disciplined myself to write, post and visit every day couple of other bloggers plus managing work, handling home, family and myself I am succeeding in accomplishing this challenge.
While I emptied my cupboard removing all the books for the A-Z challenge, I could not find a single book with letter X J after a lot of brainstorming and browsing in Google I decided to write some EXcellent Quotes. Here are some 26 quotes to motivate and encourage all of us.
Hope you like these quotes and tell me which your favorite one, do you have any other quotes for Books & Authors
1. “Reading is a conversation. All books talk.But a good book listens as well.” Mark Haddon
2. “You cannot open a book without learning something.” Confucius
3. “There is no friend as loyal as a book” Ernest Hemingway
4. “Every book you pick up has its own lesson or lessons, and quite often the bad books have ore to teach than the good ones. Stephen King.
5. “A book is a gift you can open again and again. Garrison Keillor
6. “A book is kind of like a river; I simply jump in and start swimming.” Melody Carison
7. “The power of a book lies in its power to turn a solitary act into a shared vision. As long as we have books, we are not alone.” Laura Bush.
8. “A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting.”Henry David Thoreau.
9. A book is simple the container of an idea like a bottle; what is inside the book is what matters” Angela Carter.
10. “With every book, you go back to school. You become a student. You become an investigative reporter. You spend a little time learning what it’s like in someone else’s shoes. “John Irving
11. “A book is a dream that you hold in your hands”
12. “Books are lives we don’t have time to live”
13. “I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book” J K Rowling
14. “Books don’t just go with you, they take you where you have never been.”
15. “A room without books is like a body without a soul” Cicero
16. “Books give a soul to the Universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” Plato
17. “Books wash away from the soul the dust of everyday Life”
18. “ Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body”
19. “If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he read” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
20. “Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are” Mason Cooley
21. “Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light”
22. “Any one who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book” Author Unknown
23. Great book help you understand, and they help you feel understood. John Green.
24. “A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it” Edward P Morgan.
25. The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you” W Somerset Maugham.
26. “I can’t imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once. “ C S Lewis
Thank you for reading my post, would love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!