April 22, 2018

April blogging #A-Z 2018- T

This post is written for the April blogging #A-Z 2018. 
I have chosen the theme Books and Authors for this year.

The GREATEST SALESMAN BY  OG MANDINO

The book “The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino is one of the bestselling book. A favorite book which I have preserved kept it safely till date-  in order to keep reading as many times as I want. I never get tired of reading this book.  I have always used some of the thoughts for reflections in small groups and also for youth meetings.

It’s a small book and one can read it continuously and complete it easily within two or three hours if read slowly. Better to read it twice or thrice to get full insights, its also  full of meaning and highly motivating and you will never for once regret having read this book.

I bought this book two decades ago and I still love to glance through and read it again and again. This is a beautiful and profound book that has only 112 pages with 18 chapters and every chapter has something to speak to our hearts. It’s written in a clear, simple and readable.

This book is a parable about a young man Hafid who learns the secret of success from a successful trader. The trader treats Hafid like his son and shares his secrets before dying –  He tells Hafid about his past as to how as a young man, he was given 10 scrolls by an old rich man, with a promise to guard them with his life, and to pass them on before he died and preserve the secrets of success for another generation.

Each scroll is a Masterpiece  

A few of my favorites :

“I will greet this day with love in my heart.
For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures…
I will greet this day with love in my heart.
And how will I do this?  Henceforth will I look on all things with love and I will be born again.

I will love the sun for its warms by bones; I love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.
I will love the light for it shows me the way; Yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars…

I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul.
I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; Yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge."

"I will persist until I succeed
I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins.
I am not a sheep prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. The slaughter house of failure is not my destiny.. "

"I am nature’s greatest miracles
Since the beginning of time never has there been another
With my mind, my heart, my eyes, my ears, my hands, My hair, my mouth. …..
I am a unique creature of nature. I am rare, and there is value in all rarity; therefore I am valuable, I am the end product of thousands of years of evolution;"

"I will live this day as if it is my last. 
And what shall I do with this last precious day which remains in my keeping? First, I will seal up its container of life so that not one drop spills itself upon the sand. I will waste not a moment mourning yesterday’s misfortune,  Yesterday’s defeats, yesterday’s aches of the heart, 
for why should I throw good after bad?"


 Have you read this book, what your thoughts ??….. 
Thank and appreciate you for stopping by here and  reading my post:)

May you be Blessed !!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Genevive.
    I haven't read this book. In fact, it's the first time I've come across it today. After reading the quotes you've included here, looks like it's a good book to have and to hold on to.
    This :"I will love the sun for its warms by bones; I love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.
    I will love the light for it shows me the way; Yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars…" is wonderful.
    Thank you.
    T is for Tales of Tailors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the quotes, its worth having a copy for oneself. I am keeping this book for more than two decades and love it... a few books I have lost lending it to some friends and I regret giving it for reading:) I cherish good books, so this book I have kept it carefully. Nice connecting with you Arti.

      Delete
  2. Seems like such an inspiring read, Genevive.
    I will persist until I succeed
    I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins.
    "I am not a sheep prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. The slaughter house of failure is not my destiny.. " I NEEDED TO READ THIS TODAY.
    Thank you so much for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Great to hear shilpa, that's one of my favourite quote too and I am so happy that it made a difference to you, appreciate you for being here and its my pleasure to be connected with you:)

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is truly inspiring book. Those were gems of wisdom you have shared from the book. I love it when you share these excerpts and I gain so much just by reading those even if I have not read the book yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shesha, yes its a book full of wisdom and one can read as many times as we want and every time it sounds different. I am happy this book has inspired you.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Genevive for going to the trouble of posting these very powerful quotes. I will approach this day with these thoughts in mind - especially the first one, about greeting the day with love in my heart. I read your post earlier this morning and on re-reading them an hour or so later, now, I am again struck by their power. What a lovely story of these 10 scrolls...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know susan that you will begin with the thoughts of "greeting the day with love... when I bought this book in the early days of my first job :)I used to have this first quote written in my diary and would read daily before I begin my work. I am glad that you could re read them to feel the power in those words.

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget