December 19, 2017

#WATWB 3-There are no Limitations, only Possibilities!!


I saw a email from #WATWB team, stating that due to holiday season, the next post will be in the month of January, 2018. This month there will be sharing of previous posts... I am happy to share this post of Arunima Sinha, the courageous lady who did not give up her dreams:) I am reposting this for December 2017.

I am inspired today of beautiful women named Arunima Sinha, the first Indian amputee to climb Mount Everest. She was a volleyball and football player at the national level and while traveling to Delhi for an examination to join the CISF, she was attached by the robbers who snatched her bag and gold chain, and pushed out of a general coach from a moving train, and she fell on the railway track, and another parallel train crushed her leg below the knee, she suffered pelvic injuries and the doctors had to amputate her legs in order to save her life.
She was given compensation by the Indian Sports Authority, medical relief and was also recommended for a job in the Indian Railways. She was further treated at the All India institute of Medical sciences for four months and was provided with a Prosthetic leg by a Delhi based company.
She refused to give up hope; inspired by the cricketer Yuvraj Singh who had successfully battled cancer, she decided to climb Mount Everest, while still in treatment. 
Later on she contacted the first women who climbed the Mount Everest Bachender Pal and signed up for training under her and thus started her journey climbing Island Peak as preparation for her ascent.  After a lot of toil and hard work she succeeded in reaching the summit of Mount Everest on 21 May 2013.

She was awarded cash prize and honored in Uttarpradesh and was congratulated by the Indian Sports on her achievement. Arunima Sinha now dedicates herself towards social welfare and wants to open a free sports academy for the poor and differently abled people. She has written a book “Born Again on the Mountain” which was launched by the Prime Minister of India in 2014. 
She is also awarded the fourth highest civilian award in India and Tenzing Norgay Highest Mountaineering Award in India.




Thank you for reading my post, may you be filled with peace and harmony!!
Be Happy & Be Inspired!! 

Note: the above video was a forward, source unknown. I appreciate the person who made this inspiring video and I would be glad to acknowledge . 

4 comments:

  1. Genevive I have tears in my eyes as I come to the end of this video .. Arunima Sinha is such a hero overcoming all that happened to her. This is a story that should be shared with the world. Definitely for the next #WATWB? Thank you - I am truly inspired by this Arunima's courage and beauty in her soul and person ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi susan, I got this video on whatsapp and I couldn't stop myself from posting, agree that it should come on #WATWB#. I was so touched that I did not want to wait for a month so immediately posted thinking that these kind of things must be shared quickly:) Thank you for your valuable comment susan - I appreciate you, love and hugs.

      Delete
  2. Arunima Sinha is a real life hero and we often quote her life and courage in our training programs. Thanks for sharing her story and inspiring me once again. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Shilpa agree with you. I was so touched by her life story that I kept thinking about her courage and perseverance. Nice to know that you quote her in your trainings.. Glad to connect with you. Thanks

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget