August 10, 2017

Thursday Tree Love -13


My recent visit to Timmapur, a small little village in Kothur mandal of Mahabubnagar district, Telengana state. Approximately 43 kms from Secunderabad city. There is beautiful shrine of our Lady of Fathima – a pilgrim centre for the Catholics, who are ardent devotees of mother Mary and visit this place for the feast which is celebrated on the 13th May every year.

David loves to go on   pilgrimages and it has been his desire to visit this shrine, so we together with 3 other family friends hired a vehicle and visited this place. It was a nice place and I got fascinated with so many trees planted here – the whole place was fully green.


I clicked a few pictures. I liked these peepal trees; I associate this tree with Lord Buddha who was enlightened under the peepal tree. This tree is considered sacred in our country by the followers of Lord Buddha and I see this tree planted in places of worship. I have always admired Lord Buddha and some of his quotes have been my favorite. I never get tired of reading his quotes. I even use these quotes in helping students deal with their thought processes. Few quotes to inspire:

“Your worst enemy cannot harm you; as much as your own unguarded thoughts”

“Happiness does not depend on what you have, or who you are; it solely relies on what you think”

“You don’t have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you”

“All that we are is the result of our thoughts”

“What we think, we become”

Thanking Parul for this series on Tree Love...   Linking this post to Parul’s  Thursday Tree Love  

Thank you for being here, may you be blessed!


2 comments:

  1. Hi G Angela! I can see from this post that you and I have a lot of similar thoughts. I love all of those quotes by Buddha and one of my very favorites is "All we are is the results of our thoughts." Thanks for those great reminders and I loved seeing the trees in this post. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I am so glad to know that we share similar thoughts:) and happy that you loved seeing the trees. In my interactions with the students I always find so many issues can be resolved only by altering the thought patterns, and how powerful our thoughts are... thanks for being here and appreciate you for your comments.

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget