June 29, 2017

Gratitude List for June 2017


June was refreshing as I took a break for 5 days with my friend–beginning with a train journey and took a road trip from Coimbatore to Ooty, Coonoor, Mysore and Bangalore, and ending the travel with the train journey J.

I was glad to visit beautiful botanical gardens, parks, tea estates – it was just a wow!! Experience and very refreshing. Enjoyed eating raw mangoes with salt and chilli powder after so many years; went for boat riding in the Ooty Lake was memorable, clicked some lovely photographs of trees. The breakfast at Anand Bhavan everyday of our stay – with masala dosa, wada and filter coffee was great. Visiting the tea estate and tea factory was an interesting experience.

When we reached Mysore city I got the message my daughter has passed her 1oth class with 80%. David called us to inform about the results and there was so much happiness in the family and now looking forward to share it with friends.

Gratitude for the smooth transition, admission in college, attending parent orientation programme and helping our daughter to step into college – getting the uniform, going around shopping for bag, shoes, socks etc

This month we also watched three movies this month: the first movie was “Sachin” was inspiring, even though I am not a great fan of the cricket, listening to sachin’s life experiences and knowing a little more about him made a huge difference, I was  glad to take my daughter for this movie. I also picked up the book and am reading his life story and enjoying the book.
At the theatre to  watch Sachin

The second one was  “Hindi Medium” was another movie which was entertaining;  and a enjoyable realistic tale  with a well written script, and very thought provoking as to how education has become a business in our country.

The third one was “Tube Light,– I went with my friends and my daughter who likes Salman. I liked the songs and photography; the concept that with faith one can achieve the impossible. It was not a great movie, as friends watching together and adding our own comments to the dialogues bringing out the naughty kids in us J

I and my daughter went out  for Lunch and ate biryani in one of the popular restaurant after the college shopping and enjoyed eating pan for fun.
Happy Birthday Saroj:)

Celebrating birthday of my friend Saroj at eat street… ..was a memorable experience, wherein we broke all rules and enjoyed eating pizza, ice cream and tasted fruit juice, walking around in the cool weather and watching the rain fall and telling old stories of our college days J bought some fresh and  hot wada’s  for evening snacks.

I am also thankful for the opportunity I had in meeting the old friends of an organization named Divya Disha which was celebrating 30th anniversary.  I was associated and also worked full time here for 7 years and connecting with the old colleagues was refreshing.

YWCA Rose Day Celebration
The same evening there was Rose Day Celebration at the YWCA (Young women Christian Association of Secunderabad) it was a potluck dinner and for me it was a relaxed evening with the ladies group playing tombola, interacting with the other friends here and enjoying a variety of good food.
potluck at YWCA secunderabad. 
This month I am grateful for the opportunity I found in participating in Parul’s  Thursday Tree Love . I am enjoying this green series as I love nature and to be surrounded by green tress brings me happiness and joy.
Mango delight made by Sam, my nephew
This month was a joyful one and with series of events, celebrations, reunions and parties and so soon the month is over; and turn back for the last six months of the 2017 and just say “Thank you Lord for your faithfulness” and move on with gratitude!!

I came across these lines, that inspired me today “Thankfulness is much more than saying “Thank You” because we have to. Thankfulness is a way to experience the world, a way to perceive, a way to be surprised. Thankfulness is having open eyes and a short distance between the eyes and the heart.” Fr Thomas Rosica CSB.

Thank you for reading, hope the month of June helped you stay healthy and happy!! Wishing you a Jubilant July 2017 J

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have had an amazing June, Genevive. Congratulations to your daughter for doing so well in 10th. Wishing her the very best in all her endeavours.
    I wanted to watch Hindi Medium, but missed it. Hope to watch it on TV when it comes next. The potluck looks so tempting, I am suddenly feeling hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Shilpa, I am glad to connect with you here; and thanks for all the compliments, yes we did not expect that our daughter will score 80:) as she was finding maths and physics tough... glad that she is moved to arts, so no more maths and science for her:) You will enjoy hindi medium, irfan khan and his heroine both have excelled and it was very entertaining for me... potlucks and friends together can truly be fun shilpa.. :) :) do take a bite of something to eat... images can be tempting!!

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Shilpa! What a great June! May July also bring such wonderful activities! Also congratulations to Dorothy for doing so well! Loved the quotes and the photos Genevive! Have a great week, be healthy happy and continue to be your beautiful self xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you susan; you are such a generous soul,love reading your comment and appreciate you for your warmth. Glad you like the quotes, yes I am getting better in good health everyday and happy to be myself, hope you had a nice weekend too.. love and hugs !

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget