May 7, 2015

21 Day Challenge - Day 7

I am participating in  EVERYDAY GYAAN the 21 Day Challenge
May 1-21, 2015
Day 7

This is a perfect quote to remain in gratitude throughout the day, weeks, months and years. As rightly pointed out by the author, we don’t have to look for miracles and extraordinary moments fo find happiness.

We can look at the most simplest things of life and be happy.. … happiness is a state of mind, we can make a choice to be happy all the time. Its important to make a decision to be happy. Being happy does not mean we will be free of all problems and challenges, as a beautiful saying goes;

“Happiest people  don’t necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that comes along the way”

In my experience I find a most of persons postpone happiness, and they keep deadlines saying; I will be happy when I get through this competitive exams, or I will be happy when I get married, or buy a house, have kids, etc… in the process they move on from one stage of life to another as there is a never ending desire to fulfil in life.

The only way to be happy is to focus on the numerous blessings surrounding us; which have been taken for granted. 

 Some simple ways to pay attention and practice gratitude are following:

·         The first thing in the morning as soon as I  rise;  is to be grateful for the breath that has kept us alive; take a few deep breaths sitting and saying thanks for being able to breathe…

·         Fill yourself with gratitude for new day that comes naturally without even we asking…

·         For the good night undisturbed and peaceful  sleep that comes naturally at the end of the day.( which is not an easy thing for those who have sleep issues)

·         Being grateful for the regular water supply for our personal use (this is a great blessing for us, as we experienced shortage in the last few months, and we are happy with the second borewell)

·         For the beautiful  sunrise and unfolding of the day…

·         The fresh breeze in the early hours, as I take  walk…

·         Listen quietly to the birds chirping, its sounds are sweet to the ears…

·         For the smell of  hot boiling Tea in the early hours…

·         For my total being – ability to see, hear, feel, smel, touch and move….fills me with gratitude

I     I keep adding to this list for everything that is happening in me and around me, constantly focussed to remain grateful and happy… whenever I am disturbed or some negative thought arises… I quickly shift my focus and keep myself positive…
      
      Do you pay attention ? to practice gratitude ?  I would be glad to hear from you.

     Be Happy!

2 comments:

  1. We always add to lists ... lovely post Genevive! May your days be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I am surprised, how I missed your comment:) thanks for being so generous, may your day be blessed too.

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget