April 29, 2015

Y for Yercaud





Yercaud is a beautiful well known hill station in Salem District in Tamilnadu, India. Yercaud is 22kms from the city of Salem.  It is located in the Shevaroys range of hills in the Eastern Ghats; this hill area is also called the Shevaroy Hills.


 It is 4970ft high, wherein a temple is in the highest point called Servaryan Temple named owing to the abundance of trees categorized as a forest near the lake, as popular tourist destination. Yercaud is also called the Jewel of the South. It is said that the temperature never rises above 29 degrees Celsius. Coffee and citrus fruits notably oranges are grown in abundance, as well as bananas, pears and jackfruit.  

Yercaud is enchanting and picturesque as hill stations on the Eastern Ghats, trekking here is supposed to be a pleasurable experience.
I have not been to this place; I have taken all the information and pictures from Google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yercaud. Thanks to Google for the lovely pictures. The National orchidarium and botanical garden is situated in Yercaud.  There is also the local wildlife that includes deer, ant-eater rabbits, foxes, mongoose, squirrels, kites, sparrows etc.

I am happy to find these places; and it’s been a great experience to discover places for a retreat and rejuvenation. I add this place to my list.
Be Blessed & Be Happy !

2 comments:

  1. I think i will add yercaud to my list as well. That looks absolutely gorgeous!! Stunning nature:-) loooove the quote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear from you Eli and am happy that you liked this post, I have been to salem and never knew about this place.. thanks for this challenge that made me do some search...

      Delete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget