July 30, 2012

Death-Natural part of Life


I feel sad to hear about a gutted train carriage, which caught fire from an electrical short circuit killing at least 32, in Nellore on July 30, 2012. The express train carried sleeping passengers to the southern Indian city of Chennai. The news showed 35 persons charred to death in the last coach of Chennai express.  

 

 My prayer goes for those who are no more, may their souls rest in peace, I pray for all their relatives who are shocked by this horrifying news that they find strength to not only accept this loss, but also be able to continue in faith and hope.

Every death is a reminder for us, that earth is not a permanent place to any of us in this world, I am sure; none of those persons who died would have got even a clue that this journey would have been the final one.  

Yet death visited them, when they were fast asleep in the early hours.

We never know when our time will come, under what circumstances, but when it’s time to leave the earth, I would like to find myself busy doing any of these favourite things I love -  singing, listening to music, meditating, reading inspiriting books, helping those who require my support, walking, enjoying myself in the company of my family& friends, discovering new places, blogging and the list will continue as I keep exploring more and more of what is in me.

Today, I re commit myself to all that I enjoy doing, and take every day as it comes with great enthusiasm, and excitement, trusting  that each day I am reborn to find some newness in me, and reinventing myself again to keep discovering my purpose in life.

Each night, when I go to sleep, I die.  And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.” Mahatma Gandhi.

Be Blessed & Be Happy!

2 comments:

  1. Just today I was thinking of how we have to keep redefining ourselves and discovering our purpose. Thanks for this, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True corinne, what we are today, will change, as we keep moving on, i think thats how we find our true selves, thanks for commenting! i like it!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget