September 7, 2011

Happy Feast !


Today is the feast of our lady of health, a very important and significant feast in our family, I have memories of my mom making this day very special for us – she used to get us new clothes, special prayers to our lady and visit the shrine at Khairatabad, l loved those visits as a child and have fond memories of meeting all my childhood friends and school friends, and shopping around the centre was fun. The next day I would be displaying all the toys, jewelry that I purchased for myself with my neighboring friends. I developed a special admiration for our lady for a very beautiful quality -her simplicity, and sense of gratitude, I loved to recite the magnificat, which is the Mary's Song of gratitude (Luke 1:46 -55). This became my favourite song, and iI sing it whenever I am very happy.

It is also birthday of my mother in law Mrs Maggie, she is very devoted to our lady, and she has been a good mother to me, in the last 12 years of my married life, she always stood by me and was extremely supportive, especially in looking after my two children, while I worked. Today I am grateful for the gift of her in my life for her simplicity, commitment, concern, care and love for my kids; I could comfortably work full time, with an assurance that she is at home to attend to my children and my kids are in safe hands.
 
She was very caring, and helped in difficult times, especially during pregnancy – she stood by me, and made vow to our lady to name both the children after her, that is how my daughter is named as Maria Dorothy, and my Son is named as Mario Emmanuel.  I value her contributions to my life and wish her a very happy birthday, may the Good Lord Bless her and grant her good health of mind and body, and may every dream of hers come true.

Happy feast to all of you my friends, May the blessing of our Mother Mary always be with you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget