July 7, 2011

Be An Angel Today !


Today I met a very young student at my workplace, he has been very upset the last few days, and the problem was that he is anxious and frightened about so many things in life.  He questions his abilities, and wonders whether he will get through exams, and even if he gets through the exams, he is worried whether he will be hired, and so goes on the list.  

While I listened to him, I felt very compassionate; as I felt that he was focusing on all those things which he is unable to accomplish, and thereby feeling sad about his situation. I tried to help him to see the bright side of what he can do, and told him that there is everything he can achieve; he needs to be positive in his thinking, and also count the blessings of his life, and encouraged him to believe in himself. He thanked me and promised to meet me again. 

While I was reflecting back on what has just happened, my thoughts took me my own student days, as to how I was struggled  to cope with my studies, I vividly remember how difficult it was to think positively about myself, I suffered from low self esteem, and always felt that others are better than me, this made me constantly to compare myself with others, given the situation, wherein my father being the only bread winner, it was difficult to believe that I would ever step in a college, I needed someone desperately to tell me that I can go through college, and I need to focus on my strengths and learn to believe in myself,  being desperate made me turn to God, and I started believing that God will change my situation. 

It was at this point that I met someone beautiful, an angel, in the form of a Nun who helped me see my own strengths, who taught me to believe in myself, and told me to believe in the impossible – it was too good to take it from her, but she persisted and consistently affirmed me in whatever small steps I took to improve myself, it was a journey begun inward, and I never turned back in my life….

Today I am much more confident than I was, I have a better self esteem, and I have learnt to find meaning in whatever I did, and I live a life of gratitude, had it not been  for the angel in my life, I would never have reached where I am today.

This thought fills me with gratitude, and motivates me to be sensitive to those people who have similar problems like mine, and I am ready enough even to take one extra step to reach out to them. I want to be an angel today bringing smile and cheer, and enabling young people to find themselves.  How about you, do you want to be an angel to someone in need?

 Be Blessed & Be Happy !

2 comments:

  1. We all make impressions on others every day by our actions and the words we say. I had a woman I barely know reach out and ask me about my dad (whose health is failing) yesterday, and it really moved me that she cared enough to go out of her way to ask. It is the simple things that make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true ! and thanks for stopping by, appreciate you for your comments, thanks again !

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget