October 16, 2009

My Comfort Zone, Author unknown

I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I wouldn't fail.
The same four walls and busywork were really more like jail.
I longed so much to do the things I'd never done before,
But stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.

I said it didn't matter that I wasn't doing much.
I said I didn't care for things like commission checks and such.
I claimed to be so busy with the things inside the zone,
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.

I couldn't let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath; I stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.

If you're in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.
A step or two and words of praise can make your dreams come true.
Reach for your future with a smile; success is there for you!

My thoughts
This is a beautiful write up, so well and aptly written for me, I would not say that I am in a comfort zone, but I would definitely say, that I need to find my own place on this earth, where I fulfill meaning and purpose of my existence.

I believe I can do this only when I take charge of my self and make my own decisions, bring in certain life style changes and live life on my own terms. It’s a struggle, and it’s also a mind set that I have set limits on my mind to be where I am today, while I was reading this, I felt every word was written for me, and I am gradually and steadily moving out of my comfort zone to find myself.

2 comments:

  1. little worried for you.......i wait for your blog egarly.... you had not been blogging for quiet sometime now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry ... Its been difficult for me handling too many things in life, I blog only when I can, now i am making time for blogging !

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Recent Comments Widget